George Russell #1

The mid august sun had begun to set filling the room with an almost rose gold light

The mid august sun had begun to set filling the room with an almost rose gold light. George would normally take pleasure in the golden hour rays; it was as if the world was sending him a reminder to breathe. To take a couple of minutes to relax and ease his tense shoulders. "Babe chill, ok I'm fine." The male stated pausing to grit his teeth hoping to keep the pained groan trapped. "George William Russell, don't even try that with me!" Y/N scoffed from the kitchen. Y/N knew the driver well enough that despite all his effort the y/h/c girl knew he was lying. It was a sweet lie one meant to bring reassurance and end her worrying but it was a lie all the same.

August this year hadn't been the heatwave promised in fact it had rained for a week solid at one point but even if they'd been sunburned red after a day at the track, tea was still the way to end the afternoon. Maybe it was the Brit within them? "It's just a bruise babe." George continued nonchalantly accepting the tea tiredly. "Georgie, how an earth do you expect me to let you back racing if you can't even survive on a kart track?" Y/N teased playfully, poking his side gently to prove her point as he winced. "I am a professional driver Y/N I'll be fine."

"Professional idiot more like." The y/h female declared from behind her mug before letting out a screech at the body that came barrelling towards her curled up figure.