Julian Brandt #1

"I'm fine Julian

"I'm fine Julian." the y/h/c young woman insisted firmly, brushing away the escaping tears making paths down her face. Taking a shaky deep breath Y/N attempted to plaster a smile on her face to reassure the German but it wasn't fooling anyone. Quietly sitting next to the girl Julian held his arms open offering a warm hug, Y/N rarely cried so the footballer wasn't really sure what to do. Julian had gotten so used to Y/N being his shoulder to lean on he'd never had to deal with the Brit sobbing uncontrollably. "Do you want to talk about it?" The blonde haired man asked tentatively, stroking the y/h/c girl's locks soothingly.

"No.. No, it's silly." Y/N stressed weakly refusing to look her boyfriend in the eyes already embarrassed enough that the German had caught her in her moment of weakness. "Can't be silly if it's making you this upset eh?" Julian mumbled matter-of-factly hoping to coax the issue out of the y/h girl. Sniffling slightly the girl once again ran a hand over her y/s/c face wiping away any of the remaining tears. "I can't go home for Christmas I really thought this year I'd make it home." Y/N explained slowly cringing at how insensitive it sounded, Y/N had always been close to her family growing up in a tight knit community. When she'd moved to Germany to join Julian the y/h/c girl had promised to spend the holidays with all her family back home but since Covid and the UK lockdowns it was decided it was safer for her to remain in mainland Europe. 2021 seemed like the year she could finally return home but the closer Christmas came the more unsafe it seemed, rumours of a December lockdown putting a spanner in the works. "I'm just a little homesick I guess." Y/N added softly, pulling away from the man's embrace focusing her usual bright y/e/c orbs on the man's face, hesitant for his reaction. Julian and his family alike had been really welcoming but it just wasn't the same. She didn't have her sisters arguing over who gave the better presents or her Dad kicking everyone out of the kitchen after midnight on the 24th.

"I understand." Julian replied plainly his accent somehow thicker, nodding slightly in understanding. Getting up quickly Julian paused for a second before walking away. Great Y/N though she'd upset the man she loved and now had to deal with a stroppy Julian. "Jule, I'm sorry." the y/h/c young woman exclaimed loudly hoping the footballer could hear her wherever he'd disappear to.

Poking his head around the door Julian frowned "What? I'm just making some tea. It's what you British people do during a time of disaster, no?" The Blonde German asked in confusion his head tilted slightly as he pondered if he'd gotten the stereotype wrong. "Um, I guess so?" Y/N replied slowly, trying not to laugh at her boyfriend's innocent expression. A small silence fell over the pair, "Just remember to put it in" The girl started to explain only to be cut off by the man rolling his eyes "Your favourite mug yes I know Schatz."