Archie Reid #2

Archie Reid was a passionate man, he blamed it on being a proud Scotsman

Archie Reid was a passionate man, he blamed it on being a proud Scotsman. He wasn't quite sure what he'd expected. Part of him craved a heated romantic reunion, perhaps one of those intense and ardent embraces in those silly books Y/N had poured herself over. Instead he was greeted like a ghost, her soft y/e/c orbs hard as she practically stared straight through him. It was like he wasn't there, his gentle touch was nothing but a slight breeze of a warm spring day.

"Forgive me. Please forgive me" Archie implored desperately, he wanted to stand tall and be the man his taste of war had made him. But that stoic man vanished as he watched the girl he loved disintegrate before his very eyes. Her usual sweet smile has disappeared, replaced by a tight-lipped scowl and a glare that burnt worse than the pits of hell. "Forgive you? How can I forgive a dead man?" Y/N asked icily, hearing that Archie had died miles away from their shared home had killed the y/h/c young woman. And now here he stood claiming it had been someone else who'd met God that fateful day, that she had been misinformed.

"I'm back now... We can start over. Get that house in the city." Archie trailed off, memories of pillow talk after late night moments of passion. The one's where the young couple would get lost in their imaginations of what the future held. "No! No we can't. Don't you see that what we had died. It died the moment you returned and didn't tell me you were ok. You've been back for months Reid and you didn't say ANYTHING! No letter, no call... no nothing!" the y/h/c young woman trailed off, the anger she'd locked away burning through her like acid. It was a hurricane, a flame of rage prepared to burn anything it came into contact with down to the ground.

"I couldn't just then. I had to make sure you were safe." The dark haired man replied eerily calm ignoring the unladylike scoff that came from the volatile young woman, simply accepting the y/h/c woman's weak assault, Archie knew Y/N didn't mean it she was just hurt, broken and she had mourned for a man that had never died. So he held her, despite her violent thrashing until she could fight no more and crumbled into his arms weeping. "I hate you Archie Reid... and I hate that I still love you. Why couldn't you just let me go?!" Y/N cried, the hot tears of anger now full of sadness as they made salty trails down her y/s/c face. "Why couldn't you just let me go?!" Y/N repeated this time barely above a whisper. "Because I love you too much to let you go." Archie replied, delicately pressing a soft kiss to the crown of the y/h/c young woman's head. Her familiar y/h/c locks sat naturally, slightly cascading over her shoulders. It reminded Archie of when they were kids before society had expressed its displeasure of girls being unruly and Y/N had changed. She still smelled of the summer meadows they'd made their kingdoms. She was home, it didn't matter where in the world he was as long as he had her. And Archie wouldn't make the mistake of letting her go. Not this time. Not ever.