Dead Sarcasm

POV: Donato

"Why did you panic when that man at the ball asked you what you did for work?" I asked her. She stared up at the wall.

"Somethings are not meant for people to know." She said in a calm, almost tired tone.

"That's suspicious." I said. She sat up and looked at me.

"It's nice to not fight for once and talk like sane people." She chuckled softly.

"I said something, Hayley." I said as I felt like she was changing the topic. "Just answer the damn question." I said in an irritated tone.

"I didn't want anyone to know. Not even you or Ezio or Jewel. No one needed to know." She fiddled with her fingers. Why is she nervous now? I laid down as she did too.

"It's just not something I proudly want to share." She said and looked at me. I scoffed and thought to myself. Why am I being all nice now? What the actual- Stop it. It's just fucking we both enjoy together.

Nothing else is supposed to be of interest, remember it. "What now?" Her words broke me out of my thoughts.

"Sleep." I said and turned around, facing my back to her. She laid down too, facing the other way. I looked at her as she soon fell asleep. What are you doing to me, Hayley? It's a question I ask myself every time when I find myself saying things I shouldn't.

I closed my eyes and soon was asleep.

POV: Hayley

I came back to my room when Donato was still sleeping. I had no idea what to do right now. I wanted to talk to Ezio about leaving again but by the way, he looked at me, it was clear he was angry.

I showered and sat on the bed and started going through my belongings when I found that document that Dona took away from me when we first met. It was my diary, I kept it for two years.

For whatever reason, I just opened it and started reading it. Funny how I am just 21 years old yet this diary shows how many lives I've lived. I put it away before those memories flood me with tears.

I laid down and opened my phone. Jewel called me six times. Wait wh-did something happen? I dialled her and kept it on speaker as the ring went on.

POV: Jewel

It has been so awkward, living back in my own house after being treated like that. Hunter brought me here almost three days ago. We haven't talked to each other since then. All the talks we had or have are about where the coffee is or where I am going?

I felt like he was trying to apologize and make things better but it didn't work. He stopped asking me how I was feeling because I never gave him a reply. He tried touching me several times now and all those times, I, either flinched in fear or moved away in anger.

I guess we will never pass this. I walked out of the kitchen with my juice and sat on the couch when I heard my phone ring. I ran to the kitchen counter again and saw it was Hayley calling. I picked it up and put it near my ear before walking back to the couch.

"Hey, stranger." I said and sat down on the couch.

"Hey, Jewel. Nice to know I'm a stranger already." She scoffed and chuckled softly.

"Well, you are because My roommate Hayls was coming back home and not staying in an Apple ass' house." I eye-rolled.

"That's a story for another time. Anyw-"

"No, you need to tell me now. Why are you not back yet? Are you not coming back?" I said cutting her off and let out a sigh. Little does she know how much I need her here. I need her to help me avoid this awkwardness with hunter.