The Twins

POV: Hunter 

I held Jewel's hand tightly. She squeezed it with every push. I felt the tension rise in the room as she pushed again and again but it felt like it was doing nothing. "What's going on?!" I asked the midwives. 

"I see nothing, rub and push her belly downwards." The one under the sheets assisting her came out and told us. Jewel cried as I rubbed her baby bump. 
"Talk to me, baby," I said and caressed her forehead, wiping her sweat. 

"I'll be back," Hayley said, looking like she was uncomfortable with the smell of medicines in the room. Dona soon went out after her. 
"Push hard! You don't want to keep these babies in!" Julia told her as she pushed Jewel's belly downwards. 

"Ahh!!" Jewel shouted and squeezed my hand. 
"I see it! Push!" Another midwife announced and Jewel clutched my hand as she pushed harder. I rubbed her belly and felt powerful movements. I felt feet moving around and it sent nerves down my spine. 

You don't feel the depth of the pain a woman goes through to birth children. You can't understand it even if you tried. I kissed her forehead and wiped her tears. She grabbed my shoulder and pushed. 

Hayley came back with her clothes changed and Dona followed in right after. "I see the head, one more push, Jewel!" Hayley rushed to her side and held her hand as the midwife handling the task announced. 

Jewel screamed and a loud cry crept into my ears. My baby. 

I looked over and Julia held one of our babies, the umbilical cord still attached. "Dona," I said to him. He came over and sat by Jewel as I went over and took a look. 
"The boy is born," Julia said and cut the umbilical cord. 

POV: Jewel 

I cried joyfully as I saw my son have his first cry. They took him away to clean up and I groaned. Baby number two was kicking me. "Hunter!" I shouted at him as he stood there and watched them clean Azriel up. 

He came to my side and Hayley stood behind him. "Just a little more time and we'll have our babies." He said and kissed my cheek. I gasped as Julia went under the sheets. 
"I hope you're ready to push again." She said to me and went under the sheets again. 

"Deep breathes, you're doing great," Hayley said to me and I looked over at all of them. 
"Does anyone want to hold him?" One of the midwives asked. 
"I'll do that," Dona said and looked over at Hunter and me. He carefully held Azriel in his arms as the midwife told him how to hold him properly. 

I groaned and grunted in pain. "I'm ready," I said, wincing. The other midwife nodded and looked at me along with Julia under the sheets. 
"Push." She said to me as Hayley rubbed my belly and Hunter held my hand. 

POV: Hayley 

I never thought of Jewel's delivery to be a smooth process. It felt like now we had all forgot about all our problems; What mattered were these children she bore and we all cared for months. 

I placed a hand on my stomach, imaging a time when we all would again like this. Waiting, anxious, and happy. She pushed, screeching in pain as I gently pushed her belly downwards. Hunter wiped the sweat from her forehead. 

She screamed and I could see the blood soak through the bedsheets. It was all chaos and my eyes were flowing with tears. The pain, the time, the care, it's all worth it in the end. I heard cries again so I looked towards Dona. I thought maybe Azriel was crying again. 

He wasn't. 

Raelyn was here. I went toward Julia and watched as she cut the umbilical cord. They took her away for cleanup and I sat beside Jewel. She looked at Dona and spread her arms. He carefully placed Azriel in her arms, being as delicate as he could.