See you again

POV: Hayley

I put the small boxes of luggage in the trunk of the car as Hunter and Donato loaded the suitcases in the other car. I glanced at Dona several times now, I don't know how to approach him anymore. 

I just feel this void now. Jewel was still upstairs, we didn't let her help out here due to her delicate stage. I finished up and went to her room. She was sitting on the bed, wearing her shoes. "All set?" I said, drawing her attention to me. 

"Yes...all set." She stood up and came closer to me. "Why do you look so pale? and puffy again?" 
"You over notice things." I chuckled. 
"Do I?" She said, putting up her strong front. "Why did you cry again?" 

"I don't I know the reason anymore...it's like crying is my nature now." I scoffed. "Come on, they waiting." I turned around to walk out but she stopped me. 

"If you cry again, I will stay here and prepare to cut Donato in pieces." I let out a soft chuckle and she hugged me. "It's already hard to say goodbye, don't bring a puffy face into this." She said. 

"It's not a goodbye, you idiot. I will see you again...sometime." I said and hugged her back. She nodded and we stood like this for a couple more seconds. "Hunter told me he got the gender reports...but he won't tell me the result." 

I said, putting up a pout. "He did??!" She exclaimed. "Oh, he better say it now!" She said loudly. Hunter was right...this did put a smile on her face. 
"He said he would tell you when you two are alone...privacy you know." I giggled along with her. "Come on now," I said and we both walked out of the room, going down to the main door. 

"You're all right, Love?" I heard Hunter's voice as we stopped near the car. 
"I am...but what is the gender, Hunter?!" Jewel shouted and he chuckled. 
"I'll tell you when we are alone," I swear, such cuties. Hunter kissed her forehead then looked over at me. 

"Take care, Assassin." I chuckled softly. 
"You too..." I replied. 
"Be safe and give Sergio my hello," Donato said as he hugged Hunter. Hunter nodded a yes and sat in the car. 

I walked to Jewel's side and kissed her head. "Bye-bye," I said to her. 
"Bye...Reject my calls or I'm flying back." I chuckled and nodded a yes. "Bye, Weirdo. Finally some peace." Jewel said to Donato.

"Same...Take care, I want to see you scream at birth, do not die before that." He said. They both talked to each other like besties now, I just admired it from a distance. I stepped aside and Donato talked to the drivers. 

Soon the engines roared and the cars drove off, leaving the mansion gates. I sighed and glanced over at Donato again...This time he returned the look with helpless eyes. Then without saying a word, he went inside the mansion. 

I sighed and went inside and to the kitchen. I made myself a sandwich and as I was putting it on a plate to eat, I thought of starting a conversation by offering Donato some food. 

Some people might think relationships based on love would be easier but communication is always hard when both parties are unwilling. One of us is bound to bow down so why don't I start. Plus, I can't keep my thoughts to myself anymore, I need to talk. 

I went and knocked on the door of our room. "Do you want a sandwich?" I got no answer. I knocked again then I twisted the doorknob. It was unlocked...is he not here? I went into the room and looked around quietly. 

"Donato?" I called out and went to check the bathroom when I heard the sound of the running water. I turned around to walk away but the sound of the doorknob behind me. I looked over to find the door unlocked. 

I came in front of it to see Donato walk back to the shower and stand underneath it. "What?" He asked, not facing me. He had the same expression on his face, the same coldness, and disappointment when he was grieving...Grieving Ezio...