Early Goodbyes

POV: Donato 

"6 or more years ago...It's been a long time..." I let out a nervous chuckle but she continuously glared at me. "Ezio and I, we were in Italy for some weeks...I told you Tissaia and I were friends since childhood..." 

"Get to the point!" She said and stood up, I sighed. 
"I..."
"Did you two have any relationship?" She asked. 
"For a brief time...like for a week...nothing serious." 
"How was it?" She asked with a frown on her face. 

"Amore..." I stepped closer to her and cupped her left cheek. "Nothing serious...We just fooled around-" 
"Fucked around..." She said, nodding in a caustic way. 
"Yea but-" 
"Why didn't you tell me the first time we talked about this?" She said, giving me a sad yet stern look. 

I looked away from her eyes and she nudged my arm. "Dona..."
"Because what was I supposed to explain? That yes we were together...It shouldn't have happened, we were friends..." I said to her. 

"What does she want now? Hunter seemed truly angry while talking about her." She said. 
"When we were there...Ezio started talking about how much he liked her and adored her and shit...some days later, he came to me and told me that he filed an agreement with Edward..her father." 

I said and watched her expression. 

POV: Hayley

"What agreement?" I gulped, expecting the worst. 
"Hayley..." He said, rubbing my arm. 
"What was it?" I asked, being impatient. 

"Agreement of marriage." He said and left my arm. I stepped back from him a little and controlled my tears. 
"Marriage..." I sighed and turned away from him, facing the balcony door. 

I felt his hands rest on the curves of my waist and his breath slowly drop upon my neck. "It was years ago, Mio Mondo..." 
"You were going to marry her..." I said, nodding for no reason. "Did you sign that agreement?" I said and turned to him. 

He looked away and I sensed a feeling of remorse in his eyes. "Ezio did...I didn't object to it, I didn't think I was going to have any other relationship...I thought marriage was a good option..." He said and my heart sank even lower. 

"Why would you think that?" I said to him. 
"Hayley...I didn't love her...I didn't love anyone, I found it easy to just marry her, get an heir or just give Ezio the satisfaction of seeing me with a family of my own..." He said. 

"How did it end then? Huh? You found it non- easy?" I said, sarcastically, slowly letting go of the restriction I put on my anger. 
"She became unbearable after that...I had to tell her off, tell her that this would be nothing but just a loveless and lifeless marriage..." I scoffed. 

"She would push my buttons...and you know how angry I can get..." He said, giving me a sign of remorse again. "Tissaia tried to rush up the marriage...I thought she took it the way I did." 

"Clearly!" I gave another sarcastic remark. Before I could speak anything else, his strong grip pinned me to the wall beside the balcony door. 
"No more remarks!" He said and pinned my hands above my head. 

"You're funny, Donato!" I shouted at him. 
"Listen to me!" He said and squeezed my waist. Then he took his hand off my waist and sighed. "I just broke it off and came here...It angered Ezio but he got over it...I never contacted her again..." He said. 

"Donato...what if she did not take it well?" I said to him. 

POV: Donato. 

I watched her blankly as she let her tears flow out of her eyes...I let go of her hands and cupped her face. "Hayls...stop, don't..." I said and wiped her eyes. She sniffed and whimpered for a second then calmed herself down.