That damn Emerald ring.

**warning-this chapter contains some graphic scenes.**

POV: Hunter 

"Search the top floor, look through everything," I said to the men in front of me then turned to those behind me. "You both, go search the backyard and first floor. And you two, search the front yard and the garage." They all dispersed and I went on searching the ground floor. 

We just arrived at this run-down house...this looks abandoned but I know it's not. There was trash in the bin beside the main door, it looked recent. The house was awfully clean, maybe they tried to hide something. 

I looked through all the cabinets in the kitchen, all were empty or had old food cans. I made my way to the dusty living room and turned the couch upside down. Then I looked through the floor for any cracks or hidden cabinets...still nothing. 

I heard footsteps coming downstairs and I stood up, looking at the two men I sent to the top floor. "What's your finding?" I asked. 
"Nothing...everything upstairs is covered and useless." One of them said. I nodded. 

"help to search the first floor then-"
"Boss!" I got cut off by another man's voice. 
"What?" I asked, turning my attention to the two men I sent to search the first floor. 
"I found a ring in one of the rooms upstairs." 

He said and I took the ring from it. I don't recognize this. "Alright. Search the ground floor and the front yard, y'all." I said and made my way to the garage. I put the ring in my pocket and opened the garage door. 

"What did you find, boys?" I asked and looked around for the two men that came here. My eyes turned to this odd-looking door on my left. I walked to it and was about the open it but suddenly it opened. 

"Sir! This-"
"Woah!" I said, being startled. I stepped back and both men stepped out of that odd door. "What happened?" 
"This? Does this relate to us?" One of them asked, handing me a piece of paper. 

I opened the piece of sheet and read what was written through it. "Mi dispiace, non ti abbiamo aspettato, Armani.(Sorry, we didn't wait for you, Armani.)" I read it out loud and was stunned for a second. 

How is this in Italian-? What? Did Tissaia-? I sighed and put the chit in my pocket. "Search the house a little more then check if there are any rigged bombs or explosives," I said and headed out of the house. 

I waited for 20 more minutes for all the men to come out of the house then we all headed back to the mansion. 

POV: Hayley. 

I sat silently as the screams of that woman surrounded me. I asked who I had to choose between to die. That woman interrupted Xavier so he started beating her with a belt. The little boy kept snuggling with her but Tissaia pulled him away and kept him away from that woman. 

Minutes after this torture started, I heard the little boy cry. I pulled him from Tissaia and hugged him. Tissaia came toward me and I glared at her. "Don't you dare," I said and embraced the boy; She eye-rolled and walked away. 

It's such a shame that a woman is being beaten up and no one can do anything. When Xavier gets abusive, he isn't someone you want to engage with. It's like hitting a moose and then not driving off. 

"¿Cómo te llamas, chico?(What is your name, boy?)" I whispered in his ear. 
"Matteo." He whispered back. 
"¿Cuántos años tienes? Eres un chico tan valiente.(How old are you? You're so brave, boy.)" I said, trying to distract him from these horrific screams. 

"Tres.(Three)" He said and cried silently. "¡Mamá mía... mamá!(My mama...mama!)" He cried out in a low tone and I snuggled him to my chest. 
"Now," Xavier said as the woman's voice went silent.