Chapter 40 - unhealthy

Previously-

Waiting for Shizune, who quickly responded, and sent me back into Naruto's mind.
________________________

Now-

I blinked my eyes open to see Naruto laying out on the floor crawling around. A wide grin on his face. I snorted as Minato fizzled into existence next to me, but ignored him.

"Good job Naru-Naru, you are doing so good!" I heard Rei coo as she watched him crawl over to her. He must be about 3 months. Maybe. I was unsure, i hadn't ever spent much time around babies. Mothers never trusted me with them. He crawled around giggle, when suddenly there was a loud crash outside.
Rei stood up, her eyes flickering everywhere, and she scooped Naruto up into her arms. She hurried with Naruto starting to cry in her arms. Out the back door and into the woods she flew with a cloak tied around. Clutching Naruto close to her to dashed through the trees. As she ran the shadows of the trees gree darker, trees growing closer. Pressing down up you, she glanced back once, her eyes held fear, and courage. Rei slipped and fell to the ground before scrabbling back on her feet. The forest was darker than, as she stopped in front of a small cave. She took her cloak off and wrapped Naruto with the folds and hide him in the cave.
"Stay here Naru-Naru," the said softly to his gurgling face. "Momma is going to be back real soon okay?" She kissed his forward head before she dashed away. I ached to follow after but, these memories, were Naruto's. not Rei's. we could watch naruto as he fell back asleep, silence falling over the darkened forest.

I am unsure how long i had stood watching Naruto, until Rei came back. Her face grim. Blood trailing down one arm, and with a faint limp. She picked Naruto up and went slowly back towards the cottage. Set Naruto down into his little crib and she started to try and bandage one of her wounds. The one on her arm. It was slightly purple around it. And it looked....unhealthy.

The memory shifted, and i saw Naruto laughing and trying climbing up a tree. Rei sitting a chair on the little porch of the cottage. Suddenly as i watch Rei seemed to have a sort of spasm, and her hand flew the spot where i had seen purple and she yanked up her sleeve, to reveal the ugly, pulsing, angry mark. Purple little veins trailed their way up towards her neck and her face fell into a deep sad look. She spasmed and the veins grew ever so slightly, and she stood up, her face contorted into a rage. She yelled at Naruto loudly screaming to his face.
"GET DOWN FROM THERE!!! WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING UP THERE YOU DISGUSTING BRAT?!? YOU LITTLE IT!!!" She screamed in to his shocked and hurt face. Her hand flew up in the air and landed with a loud smack on his cheek.

Rei froze.

Slowly retracting her palm from Naruto red cheek. And she slowly turned back towards the cottage. Shock was written on her face clearer than any written word. "Go inside and get your things all packed up Naruto." She spoke softly, not turning to face him. "we are leaving."

"W-W-Where a-re we go-ing?" Naruto asked fighting sobs.

"Konoha."

__________________________