chapter 58

previously-

with those words, we crawled into our tents and drifted off to sleep. happiness and eagerness filled me. im so close. i can hardly wait.

___________________________

now-

I was woken up with a violent pain to my hair. My eyes flashed open and i struggled to get out of the grip of who ever had hold of me. I was thrown to the ground and i pushed my self up to see clear and his parents next to me. I felt my wrists dragged backwards and tie up.
We could only sit, and watch.

"oi." one man said to Clair. "you look positively tasty."

"oi, if your getting a bite i want some to."

"now why would i do that?" the two of the five men, squared off and faced each other.

"thought we were pals."

"you thought wrong." they broke into a scuffle, and the other three laughed at them.
It was like watching a pack of animals argue over meat, the others just watching.

"it doesn't matter, no of you can have Clair!" Clear father shouted out loudly. I stiffened, as the two broke out of the scuffle.

"oi, did ya hear that Kiko?"

"yeah, did you Keko?"

"yeah." the two, who had previously been fighting, stopped and crept up towards Clair and her husband.

"dont tells us, what to do!" the yelled out in unison as the drew their swords and shoved it through his body. I stared in shock.
My mind was completely blank. somewhere,
i could hear screaming,
i could hear crying.
but i all i could think about was the fact some one died.
Right beside me.
Clear slammed his shoulder into me, knocking me out of my trance. He managed to get my ropes untied. i returned the favor. I glanced at him, and nodded. we moved, he moved to distract them, and i tore Clairs ropes apart. She darted out towards her son, and took a blow for him.
She fell to the ground.
Clear knelt beside his mother, but my view was blocked by a bulky figure. i looked up. one of the other figures stood in my way.

"little runt." i kicked him i the shin and ducked underneath him, making my way to Clear. He turned to scream something at me. Tears were streaming down, his body shook. Metal flashed, and i ran to him, even as i watched Keko and Kiko drive their swords through his back.

"CLEAR!" i screamed, i got there but it was to late. tears fell from my cheeks. "clear, dont go!"

"sorry, little bro-" he gasped, and i yanked the swords out from his body. "looks like- your on your own." he struggle for air. The clouds which hung over head, released their load onto the world.

"dont talk, you will be. fine. you can do it, you'll be fine." my voice shook as i tried to convince both myself an Clear. i was soaked, but i paid it no head. rain is nothing.

"promise me; never forget, people are- people, make friends" he wheezed. "grow strong, promise me." i nodded slowly.

"i promise." he smiled and his body went limp. his eyes seemed to dull. The light faded and left them.
He's gone.
Clear is gone.
my brother, is gone.
He is dead.
i cried.

"aww~ look. Kiko, he is crying."

"hehe, he looks better that why." i glared at the them. anger seem to weak of a word to describe what i felt. i wanted something stronger. i needed something stronger. My eyes focused on their throats. I felt the overwhelming urge to rip them out.
I stood on shaky legs.

All went dark.

--gaara--
i stood watching. the memory fizzed. out into darkness.

"he passed out?" minato said, mostly to himself. i shook my head. unsure f he could has seen it, i spoke.

"kyuubi took over." silence one more reign, and the memory popped back into existance. Naruto woke up, Kiko and Keko were laying torn to pieces next to a tree the other three were no where to be found. naruto....

--naruto---

i gazed about my surroundings. i wish it was nothing but a dream, but a pinch proved otherwise. I pulled myself up mud clinging to my clothes, and covering my face. the horses which were tied up were gone. the tents smashed. I crawled to Clear, and sat. Mud squished underneath me. he is gone. Clear is really gone. my brother. he isnt here anymore. he parents are not here.
i alone.
im, all, alone.
my hand moved to Clears eyes, and i shut them. his skin. its colder than ice. I stood up, some how my body moved. my mind held nothing but emptiness. i buried him. Then. i buried his parents. i lingered over the torn disfigured bodies which were once Keko and kiko. fear carved into the faces. i winced. no one deserved to die in such a way. i buried them as well. though i hesitated. I stood up slowly from the graves which i had just dug and slowly turned to the road. my feet dragging me away. everything seemed so quiet.
i could hear no birds.
the silence was deafening. only the sound my footsteps trekking through the mud could he heard.
The world grieved the loss of clear and his family. i grieved over the loss.
i felt like crying, curling into a ball and never moving again.
somehow my feet still moved. as though of their own accord.
towards
my last hope.
my only hope.
Konoha.

___________________________
(A/N- i hope you like the song i picked. its the same song Clear sang to Naruto, jus the instrumental.)