Chapter 8 - Rei Uzumaki

Previously-
I blinked my eyes refocusing on the glass of milk on my table, my body let out the tiniest of shivers. That was the last time. But it was not the first time.

Now-
(Oh, uh, shikamaru p.o.v)
I sighed and scratched my head. Great. How did i get stuck with such a troublesome job? Oh yeah. Kakashi...... I sighed again and meandered along the streets of konoha. I had already went by ichiraku's to see if he was there eating ramen, but the man said he hadn't come by today. So now I'm going by his house. I walked up the old steps to the top apartment and knocked on the door. It rattled a little bit and opened.

"Hmph?!" I looked at the door, the sound slipping out of my mouth. Slowly, i placed my hand on the door and walked. I grabbed a kunai from my back pocket and slowly crept through the tiny hall. I heard a clang. And i quickly spun and threw the kunai and used my shadows to trap the person.

"Ah!!" I heard a familiar voice yell out. Shit i thought to myself. "Oi!! Shikamaurau let me go!" I sighed and released my jutsu and stepped around the cornor.

"Sorry naruto the was open and i thought maybe-" i broke off as i saw what he was wearing. He hands wear in his hips and his towel was trying to fall off, i could see just a hint of blonde hair at the too edge if his towel. His chest was muscled. His skin was tanned. I blinked and turned my head away from him. What the hell?! I have seen naruto naked for crying out loud!! Why the hell is this affecting me? I mean sure Naruto has a good body and all. Wait. Did i just say. Good body? I sighed, as heard the blonde boy yelling at me. I leaned my head away from him and gently covered my ear. I held up hand so that i could speak. It took him a moment but he went quite. I turned back to face him, focusing on his face. "I came in because your was broken. I got worried." I shrugged. "But thats not the reason I'm here." i got quickly to the point. "This woman-" i said holding up the image of the woman Tsunaide gave me. "Will be returning to konoha shortly." I watched his face carefully. He tilted his head in confusion. But i noticed his face was stiff. "She will be staying with, as per her request, you, as your mother." Naruto scratched the back of his head nervously.

"Ahah! Shikamaru i never knew you made jokes!" He said laughing. "But you have something mixed up. My mom is dead. " he said the last party softly. I shook my head.

"Naruto... Tsunaide and i are aware that this woman had adopted you and the you lived with her for some time." I stated softly looking at him as i said this. His shoulders drooped ever so slightly, and he looked up at me.

"I see..." He said. "But. Even if she does return to konoha, does she really have to stay with me?" He asked hopefully. I shook my head.

"Due to the fact that this woman still posses adoptions forms on you and the fact that the adoption was never terminated. This woman is still legally speaking your mother. Tsunaide cant forbid her from living with her son." I explained calmly. "Anyway. I just came to tell you." I said turning to the door.

"When?" I heard him say. "When is she going to be here?"

"Late tomorrow evening." I replied. She will be escorted to lady Hokage before being released to the village." I turned o walk out before i stopped.
"Oh yeah, Naruto, whats her name?" I asked over my shoulder.

"Rei. Rei Uzumaki." He said. I nodded to him an turned to leave. Rei...Rei....where had i heard that name before? I went back towards Tsunaide with the information i now had. With any luck, this might just help us get this problem fixed.