Arcadia's Most Wanted

With the Storage unit compromised, the trolls were out on the streets again, with us struggling to find temporary shelter for them. Jim, Blinky, Timber, and I were making sure all the trolls had shelter for the day before the sun comes up.

That's when we found Bagwella running away from a human and desperately looking for shelter. After disturbing a trashcan full of gnome, Jim grab Bagwella's arm and pulls her behind an abandoned truck with us. "Jason, good boy! Come on home! Come home, Jason." A man said, walking past us and mistaking the noise Bagwella made for his dog.

Jim takes out his phone and steps away to make a call. We then heard a rat squeak and both Blinky and Timber screamed at the little vermin. Timber hugged onto Blinky for protection while Bagwella picks the rat up by its tail.

"What are you doing out and about this close to sunrise?" I asked Bagwella. "Oh. You expect me to stay put in this dirty old shack? I'm a proper lady." Bagwella replied, then she eats the rat, who squeaks as it's slurp down. "That's not what my mother says." Timber muttered under her breath.

"Apologies if these temporary accommodations don't meet your standers, but there's only so many places one can hide. If you prefer, there's a vacant, old port-o-John on Third and Main." Blinky said, skimming through a little notebook he was carrying.

Bagwella kicks the truck and the side-view mirror falls off, the glass smashing when it hits the ground. "Oh, I'll take the rust wagon." She said and Jim hangs up his phone.

"Just got tonight's final tally. Every troll accounted for, except for one. Which one's Glug?" He asked, looking at his clipboard as Blinky opens the back of the truck and tried to help Bagwella inside like a gentleman, but she couldn't quite lift herself up enough.

"Oh, you know Glug. She's hairy, green, always in a tub." Bagwella said as Blinky and I tried to push her up inside the truck. "Riiiiight. Well, she's missing, that's kinda a big problem." Jim said. "Not to worry, Master Jim." Blinky said and together we shoved Bagwella up into the truck. "As long as she doesn't stir up any trouble, we shall locate her before...."

"Trouble is brewing in Arcadia." A woman said and Blinky closes the truck, shutting Bagwella inside. We run out of the alley and stood in front of a display window of TVs to see it was playing Mrs. Nuñez speech when she was re-elected as councilwoman this morning.

"A recent crime wave is terrorizing our city. Vandalism, break-ins, trespassers in the night, missing pets...." Mrs. Nuñez said as her husband and daughter stood nearby and the chief of police on the other side of her.

"Is she talking about us?" Timber asked, looking up at Blinky. "We believe so, my little Oak." Blinky replied, placing his lower right arm on her shoulder, pulling her closer.

"As your re-elected councilwoman, I say no more! I am hereby stepping up police presence across Acadia. to those responsible for these crimes, the law is coming. We will hunt you down." Mrs. Nuñez said, firmly and the three of us exchanged worried looks while Timber clings onto Blinky, scared.

Later in the night, Bagwella left her truck to get into an argument with Schmidt. "How else could the Gumm-Gumms have gotten into the warehouse, huh? For all we know, you eat the signs keeping 'em away!" Bagwella accused.

"I didn't touch those things!" Schmidt said, defensively. "Well, somebody stole those signs. What, they vanished into thin air?" Bagwella asked. "Compatriots, please. Calm yourselves." Blinky said, attempting to push the two trolls back away from each other as they begin smooshing him in between them, arguing.

A phone then starts ringing and Blinky grunted in between the trolls as he takes his phone out to answer it. "Master Jim?" He said, then gasps. "What? We're on our way."