chapitre quarante sept

[TW : MENTION OF R*PE/SEXUAL AB*SE
i'll put another warning when it'll be mentioned. if you're not comfortable with it, please skip it (i'll put another warning that it's done).]

irene.

irene was leaving the cemetery. she needed to come see jeongin's parents, in case she didn't have the chance to, after what was to come.

she'd be lying, if she said she wasn't scared. as courageous as she thought herself to be, who wouldn't fret at least a bit, when an obvious death was waiting for them ? and not only that, but dohyeon was the root of all her traumas. since young, she's seen the most horrifying things from him.

who said things like that made a person stronger ? she grew strong and brave, because she didn't have a choice. she was so deeply terrified, that she needed to build a shield, behind which she could protect herself. it didn't make her strong —because deep down, she was still the same scared little girl she was back then— it broke her, and she put the pieces back together in a strong-looking figure.

but right now, she had the chance to help end him. as dangerous as it was for her, she had to do it. whatever happened to her, at least it'd be for the purpose of ridding their castle from dohyeon. and after all, jeongin's parents put themselves in danger, for her sake ; she could only repay them by doing the same with their son.

by now, dohyeon was probably looking for her. they didn't give a specific location, simply saying that she was usually spotted roaming around the graveyard. she had reached a level of vampiric strength where her presence wouldn't be noticed, even by a strong vampire such as dohyeon. unfortunately, it was the same for him, so she couldn't tell where he was right now, or if he was near.

she had been hiding for about an hour. she couldn't be found so fast, she needed to give the other the time to open the archives.

her senses were on alert, as she was making her way behind the graveyard. so, naturally, when a twig cracked —supposedly under someone's foot— it didn't go unnoticed by her. her heart skipped a beat, and she froze. that sound came from behind her, but it wasn't near. she turned around, and waited. if it was indeed dohyeon, then the time had came to confront him.

a few seconds passed, but it felt like hours. her heart felt so heavy, it was as it would drop to her feet. each beating against her ribcage was painful, and resonated in her ears, in a defeaning sound. her stomach was tied in knots, and the sensation of throwing up grew bigger and bigger.

only once in her life, had she ever been this scared : she was eight, and facing dohyeon. more than twenty years later, today, she felt the same sickening, paralyzing fear, and it was still because of the same person.

at last, a black-clad figure appeared from a corner. he was tall and slender, his figure complimented by the long cloak he was wearing. his paper white skin was accentuated by the dark color, and almost glowed under the moonlight. he had a cane, topped with a ruby sphere, which he was stroking with his thumb, while making his way slowly, as if taking a stroll.

don't panic now, irene thought to herslef, now is not the time to let your fear take over you !

but no matter what she told herself, what tone (comforting or reproaching), nothing could calm her racing heart.

"long time no see, bae joohyun." he smirked, and emphasized on her mother's last name.

irene took a deep breath, and his her shaking hands in her coat pockets.

"long time no see, yang dohyeon." she repeated.

it felt as though all her strength had been used up to utter these few words.