chapitre quarante trois

jeongin.

jeongin and his friends were all reunited in his room, except for minho. jisung had asked if they could talk, so he joined him in hyunjin's room.

the rest was waiting for him, in order to talk more about their plan. jeongin had already told them that they'd receive someone new today, who would come later with irene.

it was raining a lot today, and the sky had darkened a lot, ever since it was 3 pm (it was now 6:30 pm). the atmosphere was good and relaxing, in their opinion.

"what was that dude's name you talked about again ?" chan asked.

"felix." jeongin answered.

"you're sure he's trustable huh ?"

"yes. he's on irene noona's side, and she's on our side, so naturally he is too. right ?"

"logically, yes. i just think we have to be careful. it'll be way too dangerous for all of us, if he betrays us."

seungmin nodded, "i think so too. but he already knows our plan, so if he ever wants to betray us, he'll do it anytime."

"you guys are right, but... personally, i felt like he was sincere and trustable. we can always make sure later with irene noona."

they nodded. at this moment, the door opened, revealing a serious-faced minho. he closed the door from behind, before making his way inside the room.

chan and seungmin looked confusedly at each other, but jeongin already knew what was up. minho went to sit beside him, not uttering a word.

"hyung ?" seungmin tried to called softly.

minho lifted his eyes toward him, still not talking.

"minho, what's wrong ?" chan asked.

one side of his lips curled upward, as an attempted smile, though it was clear he wasn't putting any effort to make it look real.

"not much. things just suck."

"there's obviously a problem with jisung." seungmin said. "did you guys fight ?"

he scoffed. "not really. we've had a talk, and he's not mad, nor did he say anything upsetting."

"so what is it ?"

"it is that we talked about the topic i wanted to avoid the most, which is our incompatibility as a vampire and a human."

"so basically he's questioning your relationship ?" chan rose a brow.

jeongin's eyes brusquely landed on him, as they widened. was it the right thing to say to minho ? and... was it the thing he himself needed to hear ?

"he's not questioning it !" minho frowned. "he just needed to talk to me about it, and said we'll eventually come up with a solution, so i don't have to worry about him leaving me, but he's not questioning it."

"okay, i'm sorry. i really didn't mean to say that, i shouldn't have."

minho's expression softened, and he smiled. "no, it's okay. let's forget about this for now, we have more important matters than my overthinking and worries."

they all agreed, but no one added anything. they were waiting for irene and felix, who were supposed to be there in a few minutes.

the time went by surprisingly fast, even though they were literally doing nothing while waiting, and finally, they heard the doorbell ring.

they gave each others a glance, before getting up and walking out of the door. they went downstairs, where hyunjin and jisung had already welcomed the guests.