chapitre trente-cinq

jeongin.

"wait, jeongin !" hyunjin called.

the younger had dashed out of the room, running as if his life depended on it. seeing hyunjin's scared expression reminded him of the thought he had a few days ago, where he drank his blood. it scared him to death, especially cause he felt like he'd want to attack the older, if he stayed any longer in the room.

he had to find irene, immediately. she told him where she lived, when they were returning from the amusement park, so he tried to remember the way.

it was near the cemetery, so that was his first destination. it wasn't too close from hyunjin's house, but vampire had better physical strengths that human, so he was able to run faster, without getting tired.

when he arrived there, though, he forgot which way he had to go. he didn't know what to do, and felt an urge to drink blood, which made him feel even more anxious.

he hadn't drank blood for a few days, and it was something dangerous to do, cause they ended at a point where they couldn't resist anymore, and needed to drink blood at all costs. but as jeongin told irene once, he was half human, so it wasn't as bad with him as other vampires ; but it looked like he had reached his limit, now.

was that the reason he transformed, after kissing hyunjin ? because he smelled his blood ?

he hoped it was the reason, cause it meant that after drinking any blood, he'd calm down.

"what should i do, what should i do, what should i do..." he repeated again and again.

he started to panic, as he felt his nails growing, as well as his urge to drink blood. he wished he wouldn't cross path with anyone, cause then, he knew he couldn't resist it anymore, and would probably jump at their throat. he had to avoid this at any costs. drinking human blood once would end up becoming an obsession, like a drug. it meant he couldn't be able to approach hyunjin anymore, without risking to hurt him ; he couldn't bear this thought.

where did irene lived, for fuck's sake ! he closed his eyes, and focused to visualize their conversation, as they were exiting the park.

"maybe i'll see you tomorrow, jeongin." irene smiled.

"yes, i hope."

"don't forget to take care, though. and if you need anything, just come to me, at any hour."

"but... where do you live ?"

"uh, it's not too far from the cemetery."

she then gave her address, and indications to get there from the cemetery. jeongin nodded throughout her speech.

"okay, so when my back is facing the cemetery gate, i go left, then continue walking along the forest, until i find a right turn, and then what ?"

"then after turning, it'll seems like you won't find any habitations or any living, but continue your way, you'll find three houses beside each other. mine is the first one. don't knock, though, cause i may not hear, and i live with people. turn around the house, on the back, there's a closed window, with a round hole above —it's my room. just enter from there."

"okay, i got it. thank you, noona."

thankfully he remembered it. he just had to calm down a bit, to be able to.

he jumped, transforming into a bat, and started flying according to the indications. when he arrived there, he indeed saw three houses. he glanced at the first one. it was a two-floored-house, with a garden, surrounded by a fence. the other two were like that, too.

the particularity of the first one, though, was that it was painted black, and there were no flowers in the garden ; instead, there was a tree with no leaf, and an old looking swing hanging from it.

jeongin transformed back to his human form, and walked closer to the first house. he pushed open the fence door, which creaked slightly. he cringed, hoping he didn't draw any attention from anyone living here. he pushed again, this time harder, so it would actually open.

he walked a few steps on the paved way, before deviating, and walking around the house. once behind it, he got closer to the wall. he indeed saw a closed window, and hole above.

he looked around him, making sure he was alone. he was. he jumped, changing into a bat, and flew up to the hole. it was just big enough for a adult bat to pass.

the room had black and grey tones. it didn't have much furnitures, just a bed, a bedside table, and small closet. there were also two big bags on one corner of the room.

it was empty, though. jeongin decided he would stay as a bat until irene came. she said she lived with other people, so jeongin couldn't take the risk to meet with anyone else : he now remembered that she once told him she lived with humans.

he waited for her in the hole, trying his best to have the best hiding place. but as he waited, a thought came to his mind. if a human entered the room, and saw a bat, they were a chance they'd scream, hence irene would hear, and know he was here.

thinking this way, he flew to the bed, and sat on it. after two minutes —which felt like hours— he started walking back and forth on the mattress, with his small feet.

finally, thanks to his more developed hearing, he heard steps, presumably climbing the stairs. he sat back calmly, and waited, hoping that they were coming to this room.

the door opened, revealing a girl. jeongin could tell right away that she was human. at first, she didn't notice him, and walked to the closet.

jeongin decided to wait and see what she was doing, as curiosity took upon him. he guessed it was one of irene's roommates.

when the girl turned away from the closet, a coat in her hand, her eyes fell on jeongin. she looked at him for a second, before smiling. jeongin found it surprising.

"come on, irene, i told you, you can't scare me anymore." she laughed. "girls," she called, "you can come out and stop filming, i won't scream anymore."

jeongin's small eyes widened. she really thought he was irene ? so they all knew irene was a vampire —jeongin remembered now that she already told him they do.

"wendy, what are you talking about ?" irene came into the room.

wendy's gaze fell upon her, and her smile dropped. she raised a shaky hand, pointing her finger at irene.

"you- you-" then she pointed at jeongin, "this is not you ?"

"what ?" irene looked at her bed that wendy was mentioning.

"IS THIS A REAL BAT ? IS IT REAL ?" she yelled, as she ran to hide behind irene.

irene smiled, as she recognized jeongin.

~

i know,, i have nothing to say for myself 🤧

giving excuses is getting old am i right 👉👈 i'm soooo sorry asksks i don't know why writing has become so hard recently ToT

i can't promise i'll update the next chapter quickly cause i don't want to disappoint again but i'll try my best 🥺

i love you guys, i hope you're all well, safe and healthy. please take good care of you. 💞

thanks for reading.

강보라.