chapitre quinze.

hyunjin.

hyunjin and jisung went in hyunjin's room, in order to unpack jisung's things.

"so how about you explain to me what happened ?" jisung asked.

"i told you i didn't understand either."

"at least tell me how they all ended up here."

"last night, jeongin fainted outside my house. he was... kinda fighting with a man, who apparently is his uncle. actually, his uncle was trying to kill him, and then 'banned'," he made air quotation, "him, i don't know from where. you saw some of his scars, but he has one on his shoulder, that's shallow, and another on his abdomen. that one is really deep, and it needs sewing, but he won't go to the hospital, so i just bandaged it."

"but he seemed well, though ?"

"i know, right ? i don't understand, he's running and jumping and everything ! he's in pain, sometimes, but not the kind of pain he should be in, with this type of wound. don't get me wrong, i'm relieved, if he feels well, but... i don't understand."

"did he say anything to you ?"

"i asked multiples question, but the only thing he told me was that the man was his uncle. nothing more."

"and his three friends ?"

"they came today to check on him. oh, right, they also said that they were here when the man —jeongin called him dohyeon— was trying to kill him. i don't know what they were doing here, neither why they didn't interposed themselves. they also said that since his uncle doubts that they were here, he might kill them."

jisung frowned. "they said that in front of me too ! i don't understand why would jeongin's uncle kill them ? and why would he even kill his nephew ?"

"i don't know ! they won't tell me anything !"

"what have you gotten yourself into ?"

"i really don't know. but i can't just throw jeongin out. i know i don't have enough to sustain to us both, but i'll try."

"would you need some help ?"

hyunjin hesitated. "i can't accept your help. i already owe you money ; you helped me a lot, and you even paid a part for this house !"

"what are you even saying ?" jisung raised an eyebrow. "i paid a part for the house, but i spend a lot of time here, so it's like our house —you don't owe me anything for that, it's like i'm paying my rent, you know ? plus, what i lended you was nothing. why wouldn't i help you, whenever i can ?"

hyunjin sighed. "i just..." he sighed again. "i don't know. the more you lend me money, the more i feel like i'm taking advantage of you." he lowered his head.

"hwang hyunjin." jisung walked toward him, cupping his cheeks, forcing hyunjin to look back up. "if i thought you were taking advantage of me, i wouldn't even still be your friend. but i know you're not. i know your situation, i know why you ended up like this —i'm not trying to offense you, though."

"i know." hyunjin whispered.

"but remember when i promised you that i'll always be here for you, to protect you ?" he asked, and hyunjin nodded. "i'm just respecting my promise."

hyunjin threw his arms around jisung's neck, hugging him tightly. "thank you so much. i don't what i did to have such an amazing friend like you !"

jisung hugged back, as he laughed. "i know i'm amazing."

hyunjin broke the hug, and hit his friend's head. "you just had to ruin it, now didn't you ?"

"i couldn't let it become too cheesy."

hyunjin giggled. "just shut up, and unpack your things. i'm not gonna do it for you."

"you're so mean." he pouted. "i thought you'd help."

"maybe."

"pfft. i'll do it later. i'm gonna join jeongin, now. he's cute."

"what, do you like him, or something ?"

"like him ? after less than an hour ?"

"i mean, like, you have a crush on him, not that you're in love with him."

"why ? do you ?"

"pfft." hyunjin rolled his eyes. "of course i don't."

"omg i know you're lying ! you have a crush on jeongin ?"

"why you gotta be so loud, sis ?"

"hwang hyunjin finally has a crush ?"

"i already had one."

"we don't talk about it. i'm talking about present days. it's been like three years since you last had interest in someone."

"can we stop, now ?"

"we can. come on, let's get to know him better."

"uh... i think i'm going to sleep, now. i didn't sleep well last night, and i'm kinda tired."

hyunjin was indeed tired, but he didn't want to sleep. he just wanted to avoid being around jeongin for now, he didn't want his sadness to be noticed.

he used to have a crush, in high school, and the guy seemed to like hyunjin as well. hyunjin felt so happy about it, but obviously, since he's unlucky, it couldn't last. his crush started bullying him, for a reason he never knew.

hyunjin told jisung about it after they became friend, and it hurt jisung to know about it. since then, they tried to avoid bringing the subject up.

"okay." jisung pouted again, but knew it was no use to try and argue with hyunjin —his friend felt ashamed, when he was sad, for some reasons.

~

GUYS OMGOMGOMGOMG-

I RANKED FIRST IN "HYUNIN",, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT I'M SO HAPPY UWU. 😭

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR READING, COMMENTING AND/OR VOTING, IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO THANK YOU CORRECTLY

THANK YOU SO SO SO MUCH FOR READING, COMMENTING AND/OR VOTING, IT MEANS SO MUCH TO ME, I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO THANK YOU CORRECTLY. 😔

i never thought it would've happened one day, but it did, and it's all thanks to you.

btw sorry for this kinda-filler chapter,, i'll try to make the next one more interesting.

강보라.