chapitre quarante

jeongin.

after his friends left, jeongin decided to go find irene to tell her about the situation, and explain everything they just discussed.

"where are you going ?" he heard someone ask.

he turned around, to find no one else than hyunjin. he stood a few feet away, looking worriedly at him.

"oh, just gonna go to irene noona's." he admitted.

"now ? can't it wait ?"

"it could, but the sooner the better."

"what did... um, what did you guys talked about ?" he was fidgeting with his fingers. "i mean, not to be nosy or anything, but i just want to know and it's okay if you don't want to tell me, i'd understand, i'm just worried."

jeongin smiled a little, "you didn't have to ramble so much, i've told you everything until now didn't i ?"

he didn't want to tell hyunjin anything now, as to not worry him, nor put him in danger, but he didn't want to lie either —he initially wanted to, though, but as hyunjin stood in front of him, he couldn't bring himself to.

"yes... you did."

"to be honest, i wanted to tell you this like... later, but... since we're here, i might as well tell you." he shrugged.

"should we... sit ?"

"yeah, let's go."

they went there, and saw that jisung was already seated on the sofa. he didn't look like his usual self, the look on his face was usually bright and joyful, but now, it was gloomy.

"what's wrong, jisung ?" hyunjin tilted his head on the side.

jisung didn't seem to notice them at first, but after some seconds, as hyunjin was about to ask the question again, he lifted his head, and looked at the two boys in front of him.

"what ?" he quickly placed a smile (that was obviously fake) on his face, "oh, nothing is wrong, i was just thinking about something. nothing to worry about."

"you're sure ?" jeongin asked. "not to be that person, but as a vampire, my sixth sense is kinda... developed ? yeah, so i can clearly sense that something is wrong with you. could it, by hazard, be about minho hyung ?"

jisung's ears perked, and his eyes opened slightly wider. "how did you- i mean, maybe it was obvious, right ?"

both jeongin and hyunjin nodded.

"but it's okay, don't worry too much." jeongin offered a reassuring smile. "i'm gonna explain to you guys what's up, and maybe it'll help you feel better ?"

jisung nodded, as hyunjin and jeongin took a seat next to each other. and jeongin started to talk ; he told them about minho's theory that dohyeon knew everything about them sneaking out, about his father that kept his archives about dohyeon somewhere only he (and his dad) knew, and even about the plan hidden in his puzzle.

they stayed silent for a small while after jeongin was done. jisung was the first one to talk.

"um... it didn't make me feel better at all ? you basically told us you were actually in more danger than we thought ?"