chapitre trente-quatre

jeongin.

during the rest of the day, jeongin never dared to look into hyunjin's eyes. he couldn't stop reminiscing their kiss on the ferris wheel, and would blush every time. he felt so embarrassed, but at the same time so happy.

but he didn't know how he was supposed to act now, with hyunjin. should he pretend that nothing happened ? or should he bring it up ? and perhaps, their behavior toward each other should be different ? did this kiss meant they had a different label now ?

jeongin didn't know. he wished hyunjin would do something that would help him be less confused and awkward.

as of now, he was in 'his' room, hugging a pillow, and wondering if he should exit the room or not. he couldn't stay in there forever, but at the moment, he didn't dare to even look at the door.

his heart skipped a beat, when someone knocked. he widened his eyes, and opened his mouth to answer, though nothing came out. was it hyunjin ? fuck, what if it was ?

the person knocked again, but jeongin did nothing but stare at the door.

"baby ?" hyunjin's voice suddenly called.

jeongin's eyes got even bigger. it was hyunjin, it was hyunjin, it was hyunjin, it was-

"baby, are you okay ?"

he called be baby ! omg he called me baby !, jeongin thought.

it wasn't the first time, though. hyunjin was now used to call the younger 'baby'. but after the kiss, it felt different.

jeongin has to answer something, so hyunjin wouldn't think something was up.

"uh-" he cleared his throat, "ye- yes, i- i'm fine, hyung." he yelled, so hyunjin could hear him.

"it doesn't seem like it, though."

he was right. he was completely right. how could he try to convince hyunjin he was fine, when he didn't utter a single world since they left the amusement park, and ran to his room the second they arrived home, three hours ago.

so no, he didn't expect hyunjin to believe him, though he wished he did.

"it's okay, hyung."

"baby, please, open that door." he pleaded.

"hyung..."

"jeongin." hyunjin's voice was more stern, but still kinda soft, but it still took jeongin off guard. "please, open the door. we need to talk. i understand how you may feel, but it makes me anxious that you act this way."

jeongin sighed. he had been so afraid, that it drove him to act selfishly. he didn't consider how hyunjin was feeling, especially since he was the one who initiated the kiss. he might have felt so bad.

jeongin felt guilty. and only for that, he thought he had to open the door. he got up, and walked to the door. he put a hand on the handle, while he other was holding the key. he stopped in his actions, to take a breath, in order to try and calm his racing heart down.

then he proceeded to unlock the wooden door, but didn't open it right away. he thought that hyunjin must have understood to not rush him, since he didn't open the door either. and jeongin was thankful for that.

finally, after some seconds, he did. he slowly open the door, his eyes locked on his feet, not daring to face hyunjin's.

it was silent, as both of them were too anxious to know what to say. however, jeongin were even more than hyunjin, and the fact that hyunjin wasn't saying anything made him feel a growing pain in his stomach.