chapitre trente.

no one.

they had done it. jeongin and minho ate a lizard. that was the reason they were actually laying by each other's side, on the floor, their hands on their stomachs, and their faces blank.

irene was sitting on jeongin's bed, looking at them, unbothered. she expected this type of reaction, cause no lie, she had a similar one, when she ate her first lizard.

the door suddenly opened, revealing chan and seungmin. they were obviously about to say something, but both closed their mouths, when they took in the sight.

"uh... what- what the fuck is actually going on ?" chan asked.

"we heard screams earlier, so we came to check and- yeah, what the fuck ?" seungmin added.

irene offered a small smile. "oh, nothing that serious. they're just dramatic."

the two friends waited for minho to sass back, but he didn't even blink his eyes. that caused them to frown. minho keeping quiet, after this kind of remark ? something was definitely wrong.

"minho hyung ?" seungmin called.

"innie ?"

irene sighed. "okay, how about you come in, and close the door ? then i'll explain everything."

they did as told, and joined irene, sitting beside her. she proceeded to explain what happened, and chan sighed, exasperated.

"i can't believe they kept this hanging out idea in mind." he said. "and i can't believe you allowed it ! aren't you supposed to be the more mature and protective one ?"

"uh, i don't really when or where we established that, but i wasn't aware. beside, if i allowed it, it's because it's safe."

"for you and jeongin, it may be, but for minho and us, it's not. we're still part of the castle, and dohyeon will have the right to kill us, if he finds out we sneaked out."

"he won't. i've been at your place too, and dohyeon might act as if he knows everything, but he's too caught up on himself, trying to be the strongest and greatest vampire that ever existed, to notice even what's happening in front of him."

"but he's keeping an eye on us."

"not during morning. bitch needs his beauty sleep."

chan and seungmin exchanged a look. they were still afraid of him, no matter if irene was right or not.

"but, uh... are they going to stay in that state for long ?" seungmin pointed to the two figures on the floor.

irene rolled her eyes. "i told you, they're just dramatic. so, are you gonna eat your lizards or what ? hyunjin and jisung are waiting for us to go."

"you ate one too ?"

"i ate one earlier, it's enough, considering that the sun won't last to set. that's why we gotta hurry, if y'all want to have fun, and go to the castle on time."

seungmin and chan exchanged another look.

"i'm not sure about it." chan turned back to irene.

"anyway, minho is going, so either you wait for him here, either you go without him, and if you plan on waiting for him, then it's kinda the same as coming, except it's boring."

"uh... hyung, she's right." seungmin lightly tapped chan's shoulder.

"of course i am. now please, if you eat your lizard, don't act like them. they're already enough to deal with."