Country Girl (Steve X Reader)

Thank You steve80scruise for this request, I'm really sorry it took so long to write this.
Stay Gold 🐴 🌅 💛

Steve and the gang all hopped out of the car racing towards the rodeo, it had been a long time since they've gotten any excitement and this was the perfect place to start.

Soda and Steve signed up the local rodeo tournament, they've done it millions of times so winning the cash prize seemed to be a peice of chocolate cake.

They a sat down waiting for their names to be called,As Steve waited he looked around the lovely place. He had then Spot Her.

A beautiful country girl, she was like an Angle living in a ranch.

Steve couldn't help but keep his eyes on her, he just had to look, he wanted to know who she was, what was her name.

The only thing he knew was that him and that girl were soulmates.

"Steve...Steve!" Soda snapped his fingers infront of his face making his startled.

"Your up." Steve nodded and started walking his way.

He put on the appropriate gear for Rodeos. He jumped on the horse and out the calve went running around freely in the stadium.

Steve took off with his horse, he swung his rope up making it swing, the noise of whips where strong. Steve tried getting closer to the calf.

As he was he made eye contact with the county girl. Caught up in his love. He fell off the horse.

Some men ran fast towards Steve who was lying on the floor, Soda had jumped into the stadium as well, wanting to see if his best firend was alright.

"How's he holding up?" Soda asked

"He's alright but...Smiling like some crazy person, that fall probably knocked his sense." The man said.

Soda helped Steve up and walked him back with the gang.

"You good Steve?" Twobit asked
Steve just nodded, gazing at the county girl.

That's when Soda had realized who Steve was acting so strange.

He was in love, so inlove that he was even nice to Ponyboy, which rarely occurred.

Soda grabbed Steve's arm and dragged him to a place where no one went.

"Steve."

"Yeah?"

"Who's the girl?"

"What?"

"The girl your so giddy lovebird about that made you fall of the horse."

Steve Pointed at the county girl who was now up next for a rodeo. Soda just smirked, that girl was a looker.

But, since his Best Firend was inlive with her, he didn't bother to catch feelings for her either.

They both watched her as she caught the calf, faster than any man in that rodeo.

"And the winner of the rodeo tournament is Y/N L/N!" The crowd went wild.

"Damn...Who would've thought we were gonna get beat by a girl." Soda said

"She's perfect." Steve had hearts in his eyes.

This love was so strong Soda knew if he didn't do anything to help, Steve would be heartbroken.

"Why don't you go talk to her?" Soda suggested.

"But how?"

"Like you always do."

"I don't know."

"C'mon."

Steve looked at Y/N one more time.

"Fine...I'll talk to her."He said nervously.

"You got this." Soda patted Steve on the back.

Steve slowly walked up to Y/N, his heart beating faster each step he took.

He then reached her.

"Umm...Hi, I just want to congratulate you for winning." Steve said

"Well thank you."

"You were great."

"What's your name?" She asked

"Steve Randle."

"Wait aren't you that guy who fell off his horse, that must've hurt pretty bad."

"It didn't actually. I fall off horses plenty of times."

"So you must come here often."

"Yeah, I can show you my tricks if you want."

"Sure, but I got work to do at the ranch my father will go wild if the cattle are still out on the feild by sundown."

"Well I can help you with that." He offered

"Sure, follow me." She smiled

Y/N hopped into her red truck, Steve hopped into the passenger side.

Both of them having an interesting conversation, realizing they had tons in common.

Soon the both had rounded the cattle, Y/N grabbed out two horses one beautiful white one and a raven black one with long thick hair.

Steve got on the black horse while Y/N Got on the white.

They both road off around the plain wheat feild, feeling the wind blow through their hair.

"Race ya!" Y/N smiled, speeding off.

"Hey no fair you're ahead!" Steve followed, increasing acceleration.

When passing the big old willow tree that was standing tall in the middle feild Y/N yield her horse admiring the atmosphere. She closed her eyes, giving a long sigh.

Steve had stopped besides her, admiring her. He had fallen harder for the country girl.

Y/N had looked back at Steve, making him jump up, scared of embarrassing himself, Y/N smiled.

"You're an okay guy Steve." She jumped down from the horse, Steve did the same.

They both met at the center staring into eachothers eyes.
Getting closer and closer.

Their lips slowly met.

Steve had finally been confirmed that they were meant to be.

Forever lovers in the country side. Steve and the country girl.