It's ✨️Canon✨️

You find yourself sprinting towards the burning church with Ponyboy and Johnny. The whole crowd looks in horror as the children cry at the sight at the fire that roars at them- determining weather it is their end or not.

You all jump in, coughing and struggling to breathe as you grab each child and yeet them out of the church, saving their lives forever.

Soon you and your two greaser friends find yourselves struggling to jump out as the fire tries to block your only way to life.

Ponyboy goes first, successfully making it to safety as Dallas beats the shit out of him. You and Johnny look at one another

Johnny: You next Y/N

You: No, you go

Johnny: Y/N just go, I'll be out soon there's no time for this!

Suddenly you hear a snap, you look up to see that the ceiling is clearly going to crumble, with your quick witted mind, you calculate that you are clear of way but, Johnny isn't safe

You: Johnny, come over here so you won't get hit by that burning wood thats about to fall.

Johnny tries to step forward but, he can't, he looks as if he is struggling to.

Suddenly 2099's theme blares through the atmosphere. S.E Hinton emerges from the flames

S.E Hinton: I'm sorry but, you cannot save your friend

You: What?! S.E Hinton what are you doing here?

S.E Hinton: It's a Canon event Y/N, Johnny must die

You: No, there can be another way! I can save him, he just has to step forward

S.E Hinton: I'm afraid I can't let that happen.

You: Why not?

S.E Hinton: The event...Is Canon

You: C'mon don't be a Miguel, be a Miles! All you gotta do is change the story- let Johnny survive, let him be a hero and not a fallen one. Please...I love him- he's gone through so much- you know that yourself, you created him

S.E Hinton: Which gives me every right to kill him!

You: Why?!

S.E Hinton: Because within every universe, Johnny Cade must die! He's practically the Gwen Stacy to Ponyboy's Peter Parker!

S.E Hinton: *sighs* I'm sorry...

You look at her with a smirk

You: No, I'm sorry- You see, I've got you beat...This isn't any ordinary story...This is a Fanfiction! And it's my fanfiction which means I have the power to alter this story and save Johnny Cades life!

S.E Hinton: What? YOU CANT- DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE RISK OF THIS?!

You nod, smirking at the author before you leap into action, you grab Johnny Cade, yeeting him out of the church.

But, as you were about to taste sweet victory, you realize you had to make the sacrifice... You became the one stuck.

You look down to see that your feet were not ingraved to the floor. You then look up to see Johnny and Dallas yelling for you to come out before it's to late.

But, it already was... you did nothing but smile as you watched the timber cover your last chance of hope.

You look at S.E Hinton who is in disbelief.

S.E Hinton: I warned you...It's Canon that in every story someone's life is tooked right here...It's Canon for at least one character that is adored to die. If not, our protagonist cannot progress- they cannot change. You are not the reason that Ponyboy, Johnny and Dallys life alter.

You: It's Canon...

Suddenly you were met with darkness