Chapter 15

{~*~~•~~*~}

Logan shut the door to the cellar before dashing up the stairs. He knew it was useless to close he door, the operative would probably just break it down and leave anyway. He ran as quietly as he could down the narrow corridors until he reached the hall closet. He opened it and reached up to the top shelf and pulled out a dusty metal box. Logan entered the passcode on the front of the case and the top flew open, clouding the air around him with dust. Inside was a shotgun. He never planned on using it, but figured it would come in handy at times like this.

Logan rushed through more rooms and corridors until he reached the kitchen. Thorne was still standing in front of the door. He knew they were thaumaturges because of their strong hold on the man. Logan tried to pry their grip off of him, but it didn't work.

Logan saw Thorne reach for the door handle and quickly loaded the gun. He stood right beside the door, waiting. His hand gripped the handle and slowly turned it. The door swung open and two thaumaturges in uniform stepped inside. At that moment the glamour was let go. Thorne snapped his gaze from the door and backed away.

"Ah, Carswell Thorne. Correct?" One of them said. She had a long blonde braid cascading down her right shoulder.

"What do you want?" He replied.

"Where are your friends?" The other thaumaturge asked. This one was a man with midnight black hair with streaks of white--like a skunk.

Logan lifted his gun and took it out of safety. The two thaumaturges looked at it, their faces still calm. "I wouldn't do that if I were you." the blonde laughed. "Stupid peasant." But her eyes widened and face paled.

She could not control him. "You-you're a-a sh-shell." He was not a shell.

"I am no shell." He said.

"You're an android?"

"I am not an android."

"Th-then h-how..."

The man pulled a gun out of his side and aimed it at Logan's forehead.

And he shot it.

But Logan ducked, grabbing hold of Thorne's shoulder and pulling him down too. Another shot rang out. And another. And another.

They all missed. Logan smirked as the man went to fire another round but realized was out of bullets.

Logan stood.

Aimed.

Fired. Twice.

Catching both thaumaturges in their necks. He saw the their eyes roll into the back of their heads.

"Ran out of bullets, huh? Shouldn't have shot the ones beforehand on the innocent." He muttered.

Thorne was still in the floor, looking utterly confused. "What just happened?"

Logan didn't answer. He walked over to the blonde and pulled a port screen out of her pocket. There was a message sent to the Queen.

We found them.

It have the address of the home with it. It was sent five minutes ago, meaning their were probably more on their way.

Logan heard a creaking of floorboards and whipped his head around. It was Wolf. Thank the stars.

"What happened? Is anyone hurt?" The operative asked.

"Just them." Logan pointed to the dead thaumaturges. "But we don't have much time until more come."

Wolf walked out of the room and came in a moment later with everyone else. The little one, Cress, ran over to Thorne and pulled him up.

"We need to leave. Now." Logan said.

"But what about Garan and Katalina?" Kai asked. He hadn't thought about them. They had gone out to the store to pick up some cyborg parts for Cinder.

"I'll comm him." Logan went to get his port and sent them a message.

Take care of Katalina for me. We are leaving. Don't come back to the house. Come to the tunnels when you're done.
-Logan

"Where are we going to go?" Cress asked.

"Where the rebellion began. The tunnels."