Chapter 20

{~*~~•~~*~}

Scarlet shifted uncomfortably in her cage, trying to fall asleep. Though there were no comfortable positions, there were not-so-uncomfortable ones. But it wasn't just the stone cold, cemented floors that kept her up, it was the statement Winter had said no more than three days ago.

She wants to help me? Why? Scarlet thought. She decided that sleeping just wasn't going to happen and sat up with her legs criss-crossing. She looked up at the calm white wolf, Ryu, and sighed.

"Why does this have to be so complicated?" She whispered. The subtle sound seemed to be just loud enough for Ryu to awaken. He got up on all fours and tilted his head to to side in confusion, his bright, sleepy green eyes contrasting his white coat.

"Sorry." Scarlet whispered though knowing he didn't understand. She put both her hands out in front of her and tried to soothe the confused wolf. It worked. Ryu laid down and closed his eyes. Scarlet didn't move until she saw the wolf's chest slowly rising and falling.

Scarlet watched the animal sleep serenely. Every time she looked at him, she thought of her Alpha. Wolf.
If what Winter said was true, that the crew made it to Luna, then Wolf must be there too. He was going to save her and she would see him again.

Scarlet savored the thought of being back in his warm, caring arms. Looking into those bright green eyes that melted her heart each time. Just having him around again, hearing his voice would be enough for her.

But Scarlet knew Winter was mad. She could have just been making it all up. Another trick those crazy Lunars play on Earthens like her. No, Wolf and Cinder are Lunars, that's not fair. Crazy Lunar royalty, she corrected herself. But wait, Cinder is the Lunar princess, that's also not fair. Scarlet gave up on whatever she was trying to say, she couldn't even remember what it was anymore.

But there was also the slight chance that Winter was telling the truth, and she's not mad.

But deep down, Scarlet knew Wolf would come for her.

Because Alphas don't give up on eachother.

Ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hope you liked the Scarlet chapter! I know I haven't done one in a while so I thought,
"What the heck, why don't I do A Scarlet chapter!"
Anyway, I have a question for you guys...
What POVs would you want to hear from? Just because I want to know who I should get to and yadda-yadda.
Thanks for reading!
Amber