1: The Black Lake

During the start of the sixth year, across the dining hall, you noticed that Draco looks...... out of it. He was paler than he used to last year. There were black circles underneath his eyes, it was like he hasn't slept properly in days. You knew about his father being in Azkaban, so you figured that's probably what bummed him out.

You were meaning to check on him when you see him, but the past few days, it was like he was avoiding you. You didn't see him anywhere; except for classes of course, you were getting worried. It's been two weeks since you saw him at the great hall when you finally found him at the black lake. He would always find you there whenever you are in a bad mood or the other way around with him.

Draco was staring into space; he didn't notice you walking towards him at all. He flinched when he felt someone beside him, but he soon relaxed when he realised it was you.

"Hey, Lia."

Lia?

Even though your name was Amorlia, everyone calls you Merlia and Draco was the only one who ever called you Lia.

But he only ever called your nickname rarely, proving your point that he has been out of it.

"Hey, Draco." You said settling down beside him.

"How was your break?" he asked.

"It was fine; my grandmother is still the same as ever." You didn't want to mention your parents or siblings since you didn't want to make him feel more bad than he needs to.

He kept quiet after that, you knew then bringing up his break won't be a good idea.

"Are you ok?" so you asked instead.

He sighed, so you took it as an answer.

You reached for his hand, he flinched when your palm touched the back of his hand.

He looked at you confusingly.

"I'm here whenever you need someone to talk to, ok?" you said softly, gently squeezing his hand, assuring him that you are here for him whenever he needs you.

Instead of giving me a reply, his hand turned back around, taking your hand in his palm. Lacing his fingers with yours, he replied with a thank you, which you took as a yes.

This is rare, even for Draco. You have never seen him so vulnerable.

"Do you believe the rumours?" he suddenly asks.

You knew what he was talking about, everyone knew about his father's arrest at the ministry of magic, so naturally, they would assume that Draco, is also a death eater.

But if you were being honest, you know that it might be true. Draco always wanted to meet his father's expectations, so if his father asked him to join, you knew he would say yes even if he didn't want it.

"Of course I don't believe it. You are not your father, Draco. They're just rumours, you don't have to pay them any heed." You lied, you knew that if you said otherwise, he would feel worse.

You watched as he hesitated to tell you something. You place your hand on his shoulder, your way of telling him it's alright.

"What would you do...... if it's true?" he finally got it out.

He was worried about that?

"What do you think I would do?" you asked instead of answering. You wanted to know what does he think.

"Scream at me. Then leave and forget me for good." He said sadly, staring at the sky instead of looking at you.

You furrowed your eyebrows, upset at his answer.

"Draco." You called, but he doesn't look at you.

"Draco, look at me." You said more assertively this time.

He finally looks at you. He could see in your eyes that you were hurt and upset. You, however, could see fear in his eyes.

"Even if they are true, I won't be angry with you Draco." Your words shocked the Slytherin prince.

"Why?" he asked.

"I doubt anyone would have a choice when facing the dark lord. I'm sure it's either you serve him or you die. In my opinion, there's nothing wrong in trying to survive." You said honestly.

He chuckled at you answer.

"What?" you asked, curious about what there is to laugh about.

"You seem to have figure out this entire situation on the long run." He said still laughing.

You nudged his shoulder a little with your other hand.

"I'm not a Ravenclaw for nothing, Draco." You said smiling at him. It's the first time you've seen him actually smile this year.

You stared at him until he finally stops laughing.

Draco notices your stares and asked what.

"It's the first time I see you laugh since the year started. On the first day at the great hall, you looked exhausted. You weren't even talking to Blaise or Crabbe and Goyle." You told him.

Draco didn't know what you wanted him to say, so he stayed silent.

You sighed and continued

"I know things are hard for you right now, but you don't have to keep it all to yourself. You are just going to making things worse for yourself. Promise me you will find me when you need someone to talk to, or at least someone else to talk to?" you asked him to promise you.

"You're overreacting, Amorlia." He just shrugged at you.

"Promise me, Draco." You demanded.

He was stunned at your sudden change of tone.

"Please, Dray. I'm worried about you." You plead to him.

Draco gives up and finally promises you he will.

"Do you want to hear me play?" You asked him, knowing that he likes your playing whenever he's in a bad mood.

You brought your violin to the black lake to play since it was your hobby.

Even though you never liked your grandmother pressuring you and your sibling into music, you still liked to play the violin. You never thought would see Draco today, but it came in handy.

He nodded and that's your cue to start playing.