39: His Apology

It wasn't until two months later; you were practising again with your violin by the lake as usual. You were tired and fell asleep underneath the tree, with your back leaning against the trunk of the tree.

You felt something on your face and opened your eyes.

Your eyes found Draco with his at the side of your face, you could feel his fingers by the back of your ear and within the strands of your hair.

You didn't say anything to him and just stared at Draco. Draco did the same but his hand never leaving its spot by your head.

"Why am I not surprised to find that you're a light sleeper?" He said, breaking the silence.

Was that really the first thing he said to you after two months?

You raised an eyebrow, which earned a guilty expression from Draco.

"I know..." He answered you without you even have to say anything as he sighed.

It was hard for Draco to apologize, that's why there was an awkward silence between you and him as you just waited sleepily for him to say something. And honestly, you could feel your eyes dropping back down to close, waiting so long for him to say something.

But clearly, Draco was still finding the right words in his mind.

"Why don't you sit down first? You clearly won't say anything for a while." You just said.

Without thinking, your hand reached his and just pulled him down, making him stumbling forward.

Draco tripped forward, but his other that wasn't held by you acted quickly enough to slam itself to the ground to support him before crashing into you.

You were in between his arms now.

Now, Draco's face was just an inch away from yours. He could feel your soft breath blowing against his face as he froze.

While you were oblivious to how close you both were, Draco was shocked by your actions, you had already closed your eyes, going back to your nap.

Draco just stared at you, dumbfounded. But then, his facial expression was quickly replaced with something else.

Draco felt the side of his lips tugged up, a real smile, something he never had for two long months.

You never faltered by his presence, even after your fight with him. You were supposed to be on guard around him, seeing that you didn't want anything to do with him anymore. It almost seemed like nothing happened between you at all.

He carefully sat down beside you, trying not to disturb your slumber.

He beamed, even more, when he noticed that you never let the grip you had on his hand go. He clutched on it slightly tighter, enjoying your warm touch.

And instinctively, you did the same, gripping his hand tighter. Draco jumped a little bit, he thought he accidentally had woken you up. But it seemed like you did it subconsciously, so he released a breath of relief.

When you finally woke up, you were met with the clouds reflecting the brilliant orange light that shined across the horizon, you quickly realize that it was sundown.

Your mind was still blurry and muffled, as you blinked your mind awake, you eventually became aware of the fact your head was lying on Draco's shoulder.

Even after finding that out, you never got up from his shoulder and just remained there.

You looked further down, discovering your hands are still entangled with his.