11: Quidditch

It was a match between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor, Cho convinced you to play as one of the chasers since one of their chasers got himself injured before the match. At this point, you were still in very bad shape. It wasn't a wise decision to play for the team, but you thought it could be a distraction for yourself. And so, the match began.

You were decently talented for Quidditch, but you never joined the team because your hand got injured once back in a match in your second year. You couldn't practise with your violin for some time because of your injury. Because of this, your grandmother forbids you to participate. But you sometimes still be a substitute for them whenever they needed an extra.

And now, an hour into the match you managed to score 30 points for your house, which is pretty great for someone who rarely plays Quidditch. With the adrenaline in your head, you were finally able to forget everything bothering you and just have some fun. But considering your state, you weren't really giving your all as you were exhausted from all the nights you stayed up. It was already impressive since you were still able to score some goals.

With the state you were in, you didn't notice a bludger flying towards you. Almost immediately, you felt something heavy smashed into your arm.

The last thing you remembered was you falling from your broomstick before completely blacked out.

-

You awoke to your friends surrounding your sickbed.

"How are you feeling?" Cho asked.

"Like shit." You answered honestly.

"Of course you'd feel that way, you were smashed by a bludger," Hermione said almost hatefully because you didn't take care of yourself. But she held back after seeing that you seemed to like your mind is off somewhere else... again.

"Madam Pomfrey said you should stay here for a night just until she makes sure you're completely fine." Cho informed you.

You just nodded, not really listening to what they said.

After a while, the golden trio left, and now it's Cho's turn.

Before she could leave, you called out to her.

"Could you bring me my violin?" You asked, finally thought about the violin that you have forgotten about for months.

For some reason, Cho started laughing.

"What?" you asked.

"Your arm is injured and you're thinking of playing?" Cho asked almost thinking that you might also have a concussion.

"I just... want it here with me." You said with a sad tone.

Cho must've caught on with you, she agreed with a sad smile and left.

-

Draco has been fixing the Vanishing Cabinet non-stop for days. He's exhausted beyond his limits, but he's also made little to no progress.

He walked out of the Room of Requirements with frustrating steps. He already hated himself for doing this and yet he couldn't make any progress.

But then, he thought of you.

He already heard about what happened at the Quidditch match, somehow, he knew that something like that would happen. With how you have been for the last month, it wasn't surprising.

He pondered whether if he should visit you now. He did make a promise that he wouldn't talk to you. But it's in the middle of the night, even if he did visit you, you would probably not notice since you would be sleeping. Before he even knows it, his legs already started walking towards the hospital wing.

He needed to see you, he's been away from you for so long. This is his only chance to get close to you again without you talking to him or even knowing that he was there.

He slowly peeked into the hospital, trying to make sure there isn't anyone there.

Thankfully, there isn't anyone in the hospital wing but you.

Draco quietly walked to your bed.

He watched as your chest rose and sunk in steadily, your face was pale, almost as white as snow. He frowned, upset at you, figuring why would you agree to play for your house when your body is in this shape.

He sighed, not that he had a say in this. He's been avoiding you for so long, he didn't even know that you were hurt until when he heard Crabbe and Goyle talking about it.

Then he noticed the violin case, at that he smiled. He lightly shakes his head, smiling at the fact that you still thought of your violin even when you're in this condition.

Now that he has seen you, he thought that it was time for him to leave.

He turned away and started to walk out.

"No..."

Draco stopped.

He quickly turned back to check if something was wrong.

Now, you were sweating and breathing heavily. There were tears in your eyes, but they never fell from your eyelids.

You were mumbling something that Draco couldn't understand, instead of leaving as he decided earlier, he thought that he should stay.

Draco gently and carefully wiped your tears, trying not to wake you up. He held onto your hand and rubbing it with his thumb, attempting to calm you down.

It somehow worked when your breath slowly becomes steady and you stopped crying. Somehow, it was like you knew someone helped you, your grip on Draco's tighten.

Draco immediately froze. He was afraid that your eyes would open anytime.

But thankfully, you didn't. He sighed in relief and slowly let go of your hand, trying to leave before you really woke up.

Before he really left, he leaned down and gave your forehead a kiss. He let his lips linger, not wanting to leave you just yet.

With a heavy heart, he forced himself up and walked away from you.

Before he opens the hospital wing and leaves, he let out an apology to you.

"I'm so sorry, Lia." He spoke out your nickname with so much gentleness. As though it would be the last time he would be calling you.

He was sorry, feeling bad. Looking at you, he knew that you need someone right now. But sadly, he couldn't be the one to be by your side. He could only hope you find someone to help you through whatever you're going through. He wanted the be the one, but he couldn't. He barely kept himself from going back in and stay with you, he finally decides to walk back to his dorm and rest for the night.