32: Blaise Zabini

That peacefulness you've been enjoying with Draco alone soon came to an end when a third wheel entered the scene.

You were reading quietly in Draco's room when suddenly the door opened.

You turn your head and was face to face with Blaise.

You could feel your eyes go dry for not blinking at Blaise for so long.

His hand was raised and pointing at you.

As you realised what he was about to do, you immediately raised your hand pointing a finger at him.

"Petrificus Totalus." You managed to quietly say, not catching anyone's attention outside.

His body fell over to the ground, his face hitting flat to the ground.

You ran to close the door and approached Blaise's body.

"Sorry, Blaise." You said, flipping him over.

Now you were staring at his stiff body, not knowing what to do, you decided that you would wait for Draco to come back.

When Draco finally came back, he was frozen by his door.

He looked at the body of his friend on the ground and then around the room to look for you. and then back to Zabini's body again, confused about what had happened here.

Then you came out of the bathroom.

"Oh, you're back." You casually just said.

Draco quickly strides over to you, worried about what Blaise had done.

"What happened?" He quickly asks in a rushed tone, eyes going back to Blaise.

"He suddenly came in, before he could do anything, I petrified him. I didn't know what to do so I waited for you to come back." You answered as if it was nothing serious.

If you were being honest, it really wasn't something serious to you, you actually thought that Blaise could be trusted. If it were Pansy or Crabbe and Goyle or any other Slytherin whatsoever, you would probably have done something by now.

Judging from what Draco told you about Blaise, he was currently the only other person in this awful school to ask anything. He's pretty much the only one left that talks to Draco that genuinely actually didn't want anything from him.

And you could tell that Draco was actually very grateful of him and that it meant a lot to him, but he refuses to admit it.

There Draco stands, also not knowing what to do about Blaise. But surprisingly, he was not angry. He was rubbing the temple on his forehead.

"Well, he already saw you, we just have to make sure he tells no one." His words shocked you.

You stared at him wide-eyed, couldn't believe your ears.

"What?" he asked, puzzled as to why you looked surprised.

"Nothing, I just thought that you would probably say something like erase his memories or make him make an Unbreakable Vow." You answered him, genuinely not expecting to hear it from Draco.

Draco smirked for a while, glancing over at you.

"That doesn't seem like a bad idea." He said with an almost evil tone.

"Draco!" You slapped his shoulder.

"I'm kidding! I'm kidding." He said, chuckling.

"We should probably release him now." You said, walking over to the body lying on the floor.

"Episkey." You mumbled.

This was actually the first time Draco actually watched you casting a spell without a wand. You did tell him that you managed to cast spells without your wand, and while practising alone in his room helped you mastered it, but he never actually witnessed a successful spell.

"Sorry about that, Blaise. I panicked." You reached for his arm and slowly pulled him up.

As Blaise finally regained control over his body, he sat up slowly.

"It's fine, Amorlia. I'm just glad to know this is why Draco's face has been getting its colour back. You were here this whole time. Did you come here four months ago?" Blaise just asked, didn't seem to mind that you had petrified him.

But you were shocked once again. Even Draco seemed surprised.

How did he guess that?

Blaise obviously could see that both you and Draco were stunned by his guess, grinned that he actually got the answer right.

"That was around the time when Draco seems to be getting back on his feet," Blaise answered your questions before you asked them.

For some reason, relief hit you. You were happy to hear there was someone else looking out for Draco, he needed that. There was no way for you to keep track of Draco when he was out for classes and meals. Even though he tells you that everything was doing fine, you still can't help but worry that something might happen to him and that you wouldn't know about it.

You look over to Draco not seeming to care about what Blaise just said. But you did see he smiled for a second before it falters into a scowl as he stomps over to Blaise and grabbed his collar.

"While I appreciate you looking out for me and all..." Draco growled at Blaise as he paused.

"But if you tell anyone about her and put her in any danger, I will personally see to it that you won't see another tomorrow." His voice, low and at the brink of shouting.

"Draco!" You quickly launched forward in between them and push Draco to back away from Blaise.

"Why would I tell anyone about this? I care about her too, you know." Blaise quickly said to Draco, sounding like he was offended.

Draco scoffed at him and pushed him away from his hands.

Draco would never admit this, but he was actually comforted by the fact that someone else would be helping to protect you. Even if it means that your time alone with him would be cut short.

After that day Blaise found you, he would visit you almost every day. It was actually nice having someone else to hang out with. Not that Draco was a bad company, but it definitely brought out something new to your currently dull life.

It was just a week after Blaise found out and you could see that Draco obviously relaxed a little, knowing that someone else would be there to watch out for you even when he's not with you.