21: Your Bracelet and His Mission

Today was the day that Draco has dreaded.

The day he has to kill his headmaster.

He came to the lake to find you playing your violin. You were playing the exact same song the night when he found you by the lake after your parent's death.

Draco watched as you played, you were already in so much pain. He has already caused you so much hardship, and now.... he's going to leave you alone with all your pain to yourself.

You finish your song and felt a stare, a feeling you were way too familiar to not notice. You turn around to find Draco, staring at you from afar. Just like the night both of you had your first conversation.

Draco started to walk towards you as soon as you noticed him.

"Hey." He just said.

"Hey." You replied as you kept your violin inside its case.

He sat down beneath the tree as you came over to him and joined him.

The both of you stayed silent and just enjoyed each other's company for a while. You intertwined your fingers with Draco's and laid your head on his shoulder. Draco can tell that you were feeling down about this and tried to make you feel better by pressing his lips on your head.

After a while, with Draco's head laying on yours, you finally spoke up.

"Are you going to be okay?" You asked.

Draco sat up straight and faced you. You turn around to look at him too.

"Nothing's going to happen to me, Lia. You don't have to worry about anything." Draco cupped your face with his hand and the other gripped yours.

"How can I not worry? You are going to be with the Dark Lord and surrounded by other Death Eaters." You slightly raised your voice with your eyebrows furrowed.

Draco didn't what he could say because he knows that you had a point.

You sighed.

"I'm sorry, I just can't help but imagine what would happen to you." You look at him teary-eyed.

You could feel his thumb rubbing your cheek ever so gently as if you were as fragile as glass.

"Please...... keep yourself safe, Draco. I don't know what I would do if anything happened to you." Draco could feel your grasp on his hand was shaking.

"I promise you that I will keep myself safe, I'll come back in one piece," Draco assured you that he would keep himself safe. But you still could not stop worrying, so you had an idea.

You took the bracelet your mother gave you from your wrist and slid it into Draco's palm.

"Lia..." Draco didn't know what to say.

That Bracelet you have worn ever since you were a kid. It was a bracelet your mother gave you before you went to Hogwarts to remind you of home. She told you that it would bring you good luck and that it was your mother's when she was young. And now after the car accident, that bracelet meant a lot more to you than it ever was before.

"This bracelet meant a lot to you, I can't take it." He said pushing your bracelet back to you.

"No, I want you to have it." You took the bracelet from his palm and slipped the bracelet onto his wrist.

"My mother said it brings good luck." You stroked the bracelet following the chain around his wrist. You smiled as you recalled the memory when your mother gave the bracelet to you and telling you it brought you good luck.