18: Going Back

That night, you saw your parents again.

Your parents threw insults at you, as much as you've heard it, it still hurts whenever you hear it.

You wanted them to stop, just like you begged them every night.

Just when you wanted to do so, you saw Draco's body on the floor. Exactly like how he was just this afternoon, blood seeping through and making themselves known.

You ran to him and kneeled down beside him.

And just like this afternoon, you couldn't do anything to heal him.

"I'm sorry..." you said.

You couldn't do anything again, just like the car accident with your parents.

Even though your wand was with you this time, you still couldn't do anything. You were useless and unhelpful, nothing you did matter. You couldn't save him, the only thing you could do was watch, just like the car crash.

You remembered that Professor Snape would later come to be the one to heal him. So, you waited.

But, he never came.

You watched as Draco's breathing slow down and then finally, it stopped.

Before Draco was completely gone, he managed to say something.

"How could you?" he said, almost disappointingly.

Then, you woke up.

Your breaths were fast and rapid, you had cold sweat on your forehead. You look around, you realised that you were in your own dorm. Luna and Cho didn't seem to hear you and remained asleep on their beds.

You quickly got up from your bed and stormed out from your common room.

Within 5 minutes, you were already in front of the doors of the hospital wing.

You had to see Draco. After your nightmare, you had to confirm that he's alive and well.

-

Draco has been awake for a few hours now, but he couldn't fall back asleep. It's in the middle of the night and Madam Pomfrey was resting for the night, so he decided to take a stroll outside. He's doing fine now, the wound that Potter shot him in the chest has already healed by the time he woke up.

But then, he remembered how you looked when he was lying on the wet floor of the bathroom.

"Draco! Please don't close your eyes. You need to stay awake." Draco watched as you begged him to stay awake.

Draco finally looks into your eyes. You were panicking and near tears, he wanted to stay awake for you, but drowsiness quickly hit him.

Draco tried to stay awake for as long as he could, but his sight slowly fades. He could hear you mutter spells to curses to charms. Slowly, he can no longer hear your voice, his drowsiness quickly took him into the darkness and he lost his consciousness.

The last thing he could still remember was your panicked face, Draco has never seen you so scared before.

You already lost your parents, he can't let you lose him too.

All he could remember was that he has to stay strong for you, staying alive, making sure that you won't lose him too.

Then, the next thing he knew, he was already in the hospital wing.