19: The Reveal

"I don't know if we could." He said weakly.

It was time.

Draco's words made you pull back from his neck and finally seriously look at him into his eyes for the first time tonight.

In the midst of his eyes, you saw a lot of emotions. There was fear, pain and guilt. But most of all was doubt.

"Why?" You finally asked the question you've been pondering yourself for months.

Draco opened his mouth to tell you, but then closed it halfway. Draco hesitated to tell you again, afraid what would be your reaction when he does tell you, again. He finally decided to tell you everything and yet he pulls back at the last second.

You saw that Draco hesitated. You moved your hands to his arms, making his arms to be under yours.

"You can tell me, Draco. I won't change my mind about this." You said, assuring him, hoping that you would be able to pull him back.

Thankfully, you did.

Draco sighed again.

"Alright..." He paused for a minute.

Then, he laced his fingers with yours and just started pulling you along with him into the castle.

"Come on." He said as he pulled you.

And you just let him bring you wherever he wants to.

"Where are we going?" You asked with a soft voice.

Draco took a few seconds to answer you as both of walked into the quiet corridor.

"I need to show you something." He said and the both of you started walking up the stairs.

The both of you were in complete silence when Draco finally brought you up to the seventh floor.

Draco stopped at the empty corridor, you immediately knew, where he brought you.

You wanted to ask him why but you held back.

You followed him inside the Room of Requirements, hands still tangled with each others.

He led you inside, and then you were in front of a giant cabinet.

You were about to ask him when he answered your unspoken question but kept his eyes away from you.

"This is a Vanishing Cabinet." He said.

Draco took a deep breath, preparing for the worst.

Before he could even tell, he felt a touch at his arms. He finally turned around to meet your eyes, to find your other hand on his arm that was holding your other hand.

To him, it was like you were telling him it's alright to tell you.

As a response, he lifted his free hand and place it on top of your hand that was holding his arm. Squeezing it and locking it in place for a long time like it was going to be the last time.

"I've been fixing it..." Draco paused again.

You waited patiently for Draco to continue.

"It has a twin, it can let people travel to the place where its twin is at, or the other way around. But this one was broken, so I've been fixing it day and night since the start of the term to get it working again." He answered the question of why he looks so exhausted for months.

He expected you to ask him why, but instead...

"That's why you always looked so tired..." Your words came out soft and almost with a whisper. You squeezed his hand lightly.