20: Picnic and Birthday

After Draco told you how to enter the Room of Requirements, you stayed with Draco every day when he was fixing the Vanishing Cabinet. Sometimes, you would even play your violin for him while he was busy with the cabinet.

After he's done for the day with the cabinet, both of you would sit and just talk about anything to help Draco keep his mind off of the cabinet. Sometimes even dozing off leaning against each other.

When Draco was with you, he was actually enjoying his time and was able to forget everything that was happening.

But what was fated to happen, will still come to pass.

Slowly, it was already the last week of June.

It was almost time.

-

Under the moonlight, you opened the door at the entrance of the Room of Requirements.

You walked around to find Draco, but he wasn't anywhere.

You thought that Draco was just wasn't here yet, so you walked to your usual couch to sit down and wait for him.

As you walked closer to the couch, you spotted a piece of paper on the couch.

You picked it up and immediately recognized Draco's handwriting.

Meet me at the Black Lake.

-Draco

What?

Why would Draco want to meet you at the Black Lake?

Wasn't he trying to quickly fix the cabinet?

You confusingly exited from the forgotten room and head for the lake.

Before you even got to your familiar spot by the tree, you already saw a cloth on the ground, just beside the lake. You could see some stuff on the cloth, there were utensils, some decorations and a basket.

A picnic?

Why would Draco want to have a picnic here all of a sudden?

Not that you hate it, but with how things are now, it wasn't the best time.

He needs to hurry with the Vanishing Cabinet, and yet he wanted to have a picnic here.

You arrived just right beside the cloth, looking around to find Draco.

Before you could even react, you felt a pair of arms around your shoulder and something pressing on top of your shoulders.

When his scent enveloped your nose, you already knew it was the one you were expecting.

"Hey." You spoke, almost a whisper, as you leaned back to him, feeling his warmth.

Draco noticed that you sounded tired. You have been staying with him every day, even staying up until late at night with him.

You didn't want him to be alone, so you decided that you'd rather lose sleep than leaving him alone within the Room of Requirement with that cabinet that always reminded him of everything horrible that he needs to do.

Draco also slept less than he used to, but for him, but this has already become something he was used to. You, however, were just starting to get used to this. Draco would sometimes catch you almost dozing off, but you still stayed awake until he was done.

Draco tried to convince you to sleep if you needed to, but you insisted that you wanted to stay awake with him.

Having you there with him definitely made Draco much more relaxed than he ever did when he was alone in there. But you losing sleep because of him clearly didn't make Draco feel better.