23: Harry Potter and Dumbledore's Plan

The train from Hogwarts to Kings Cross station was gloomy. It was quieter than how it usually was compared to the last few years you've been on it. Dumbledore's took its toll on everyone.

You were in a compartment alone when Harry suddenly barged in on you.

"Harry?" You asked, surprised to see him.

"Are you okay after all that?" Harry asked you.

After what happened at the tower, Harry was the one that found you.

Apparently, he was there when all that happen with Draco and you.

"I'm fine. I don't feel anything anymore." You answered him.

"Can we talk?" He asked so bluntly.

The look on Harry's face told you everything.

He wanted to talk about what happened.

"Why don't you sit down first?" You gestured him to sit down before he starts.

"You knew, didn't you?" He questioned as soon as he was seated.

"I did." You answered honestly. You don't think that there was any point in hiding it anymore.

"Why didn't you tell anybody?" he asked again.

"I did." You repeated.

"Who?"

You remained silent for a while, hesitating if you should answer him.

"Dumbledore." You carefully told Harry. Afraid that he would not take this lightly.

Harry face told you that he was badly struck by your words.

You recalled that day when you went to Dumbledore's office and told him everything.

Draco never knew about this, he would never agree to it.

But still, you had to do something.

What surprised you that day was that Dumbledore said he knew.

"Then- then, what did he say?" Harry said with a shaky voice.

"He told me he had a plan."

"What plan?! Dumbledore is dead, Merlia! Don't tell that was all part of his plan!" Harry stood up and shouted at you.

"He never told me what his plan was." You spoke up, staring at the floor, regretting not trying to find out Dumbledore's plan beforehand.

However, after what you witnessed at the tower, you disagree with Harry.

"But I think everything went exactly according to his plan, Harry." You look back up, facing him.

Harry was dumbfounded.

He thought that there's no way that Dumbledore would do that to himself.

"What do you mean?" He asked, almost scared to find out the truth.

You inhaled a large breath and continued.

"I was there when it happened. When Dumbledore was with Draco, he told Draco that he knew that Draco was the one who tried to assassinate him. But he looked like...... he was stalling for something else. I thought he was waiting for someone to come help him. But when Snape showed up, Dumbledore looked like he was expecting him."

You glanced at Harry for a brief moment, it seemed like he cannot accept what you were saying.

"And when he begged Snape, it was like he has prepared for that very moment. It didn't seem like he was asking for his help, Harry. It looked a lot like Dumbledore was waiting for something from Snape." You paused suddenly.