49: Galvin and Ariana

The melody ended and your eyes faded back to their lifeless state.

Everyone clapped for you.

You didn't look at all pleased with it, but you still forced a smile to face the crowd.

Draco clenched his arms that were crossed at his chest.

Why don't people see how you were feeling?

Surely there must be at least some people here that care about you.

"She hasn't been doing well ever since she left Hogwarts." Draco heard a voice.

Turning his head to be met with a masked man with brown hair.

Draco could see the man smirked.

"Took you long enough to come. Your name was Draco Malfoy, right?" Eyes widened at the mention of his name.

"How did you-"

"Please, I can recognize our mother's bracelet anywhere." The man said, pointing to the bracelet on his wrist. Draco didn't notice that it had slipped out of his sleeves.

Wait, he said our mother.

"You must be her brother, Galvin." He said plainly.

"I would like to discuss something with you. Shall we find somewhere to talk peacefully?" Your brother, Galvin, leading Draco to a private room.

Galvin didn't say anything at all about how he never came to you for three years.

Instead...

"I'll have Aria sneak you into her room tonight." Galvin didn't bother explaining to much and just bluntly told Draco what to do.

"Wait, WHAT?" Draco held himself back from attracting everyone's attention outside.

"Calm down, blondie. Wait, aren't you supposed to have blonde?" Your brother acted so casually with Draco that he almost suspected that he was friends with him before but was Obliviated of the memory.

"A spell. Now, why do I need to sneak into her room like a creep?" Draco didn't bother to be polite.

"Because I'm not going to let my sister spend another night without you when she can barely sleep a day's worth of sleep without waking up to a dream of you." Galvin didn't even bother to hide that particular information from Draco.

Draco froze as the image of you came to his mind.

Galvin glanced down to Draco's hand, his knuckles were white from clenching them. The look on his face genuinely shows that Draco hated the idea of you suffering.

"You clearly adore my sister as much as she misses you... so why didn't you come sooner?" Galvin couldn't help but ask.

Draco didn't seem surprised by the sudden question, but he doesn't want to answer your brother either.

"I have my reasons, but I want her to be the first to know." Draco explained.

He wanted you to be the first to hear him rather than someone he's never met before.

"Very well. The party will last for some time. You're going to have to bear with us a little longer. I'll go tell Aria about our plan first." Galvin left Draco to himself.

-

A little while later, the party haven't ended but Aria came and fetch Draco a little after you left with your Grandmother and Galvin.

Between your siblings, Aria was the one to who your grandmother didn't pay much attention to. So she was the perfect person to sneak Draco into their mansion.

"Amory still has your sweater and the ring you gave her." Aria suddenly said as if to assure Draco.

Amory was what your family called you while Draco called you Lia. Merlia was what you insisted your friends called you.

Draco only now just realised how you made an exception for him. He was the only one who called you Lia, which is what not even your family gets to call you.

He was nervous but he didn't think Aria could see through it.

Then again, she was your sister. She saw through him easily just like you did. She probably got it from you.

What Aria told him was able to calm him, knowing you still cared, it helped him to be more sure about reuniting with you.

Draco was definitely very surprised when he arrived at the place you called home when truly it was a prison for you now.

He knew that your family was as prestigious as his but he didn't expect that your family mansion would be as big as his, maybe even bigger. But he didn't have time to look for when they arrived, he quickly slipped into the invisibility cloak before the car came to a stop in the garage.

Draco followed closely to Aria around the giant mansion before he could get lost.

They finally came to a stop at your bedroom door.

Aria spoke up despite not being able to see Draco underneath the cloak.

"I should warn you. She... isn't in that good of a shape. She will pretend that she's fine around us but we could easily see through it. We tried to cheer her up, which only worked on rare occasions. So I'll count on you to get her back on her feet." Aria said seriously.

"I intended on doing so even if you didn't ask." Draco said, which made Aria jump a little.

"God, it's so weird when I can't see you." She breathed out a sigh of relief.

Draco chuckled lightly.

Your siblings have been nothing but accepting of him. They didn't even blame him for leaving you alone for so long and just started leading him to you without questions asked.

Aria knocked on the door three times.

"Amory, it's me." Your sister said.

There was a pause while waiting when you finally gave your sister permission to enter your bedroom.

Aria opened the door as Draco quickly swooped past her to get inside without you knowing.

As soon as he was inside, Draco finally turned his attention to you.

But he didn't take the invisibility cloak off immediately.

For he came to a halt when he finally saw how bad your condition was.