42: Why?

Draco made his way very hesitantly to Voldemort and his parents. Every step feels heavy and dragged, he didn't want to walk away from you. But you released your hand from him, allowing yourself to back away from him.

Why would you do that?

Didn't you and him agreed to stick together?

Why did you let him leave you now?

You said you can't lose him too, so why let him abandon you to go back to the dark side?

He reached his mother's open arms and stood by her.

His eyes flew across the horde of students, to the back where he just stood with you. There you stand, eyes still stayed on him the whole time, a guilty smile on your face.

You seem to read Draco's pained expression immediately, you started to mouth something to him.

"I'm sorry." You paused and Draco could see that you were holding back tears.

"I love you." You told him with all your heart.

Draco could only stare at you with disbelief.

If you really did love him, why would you let him go?

You said you would never want to lose him too, so what were you thinking now?

Did you want him to leave?

The only person who seems to notice the interaction between both of you would be Narcissa Malfoy. She could see it in her son's eyes that he truly loves her.

Unfortunately for him, fate had other plans for him to put him in this difficult position, separating him from you.

But at this moment, Draco couldn't help but wonder why did you push him away.

Were you tired of everything?

Did you think that he wanted to leave you for his parents?

Were you thinking about leaving him for good after this is over?

Just then, Harry rolled back alive from Hagrid's arms.

The Death Eaters scattered and the Hogwarts students cheered.

As Harry pushed himself off the ground searching for a wand.

Draco almost by nature threw his wand at Harry.

"Potter!" He shouted catching the golden Boy's attention.

Harry managed to grab Draco's wand in mid-air and made his move before anyone could attack him.

"Confringo!" He shouted and the tip of his wand shot a ball of fire towards Voldemort's pet snake, Nagini.

As Harry ran to the covers of the pillars, Draco felt his mother pulling by his arm.

As his mother dragged him away from Hogwarts, he glanced one final time at his beloved school. The place where he had so many memories of, they were not all good, but it was the place where he had so many moments with you.

His eyes searched for you in the raging crowd. '

You were nowhere to be found anymore.