36: Surrender

Soon both of you arrived at the great hall, you could see many bodies laid there on the ground. You prayed to God that you won't see your friends.

You looked around, inspecting to see everyone you don't know whether you should be relieved since it only took you a few seconds that your friends are all fine or be sad that your fingers could count all your friends.

As the crowd notices you and Draco, you could feel your face go red when you felt everyone staring at both of you.

"Ignore them." He said to you, noticing your embarrassment.

"You said it like was nothing, you're not the one being carried." You pouted at him, which only made Draco smiled.

After Madam Pomfrey healed your injuries, you and Draco sat by the corner, trying to help Draco distract his mind from everyone. After their stare, you hear that they were discussing something about him.

You glared at everyone around to make them quiet down.

"I'm alright, Lia. It's not like it's the first time this had happened." He held your hand as if he was holding you back from rushing to punch everyone here.

You sighed.

"I know; it's just infuriating that everyone here judges you for something you never wanted." You laid your head on Draco's shoulder, you felt so useless, knowing that you can't change everyone's opinion about Draco.

"Hey, Malfoy." Suddenly, you heard.

You saw the Weasley twins walking over towards both of you.

You have talked to them a few times; you don't know why but they were always interested in you. Sometimes they would come bothering you and you would give them a witty response and they would be left speechless.

"Hey, Merlia." George said.

"Hello, George." You said to George and then turn to Fred.

"Fred." You greeted them.

"You still can tell us apart even after a year of not seeing us." George said.

Yes, you were one of few, if not the only one other than their family, that could actually differentiate which twin is which from the first time you met them.

Maybe that's why they were so interested in you, your ability to observe people and know their differences instantly piqued their curiosity about you.

"I'll take that as a compliment. So what business do you have with Draco?" You asked in Draco's place.

"We just wanted to thank him... for saving my life." Fred said.

You turn to Draco.

"Really?" You asked him, a smile on your face, surprised and actually very proud of him.

"I did?" He even questioned himself, not remembering doing anything about it.

"You did. I watched you stunned that Death Eater when he was about to kill Fred." George said, explaining what he witnessed.

But Draco still seemed like he didn't remember anything.

"You don't remember anything?" You asked while Draco seems to be trying to remember.

"You did seem flustered when I saw you." George said.

"I guess I was too focused on finding you that I didn't comprehend anything I did. But, you are welcome. I guess." He answered you and the twins.

After the twins left for their families, you turn to him again.

"You really don't remember anything?" You asked him again.