Chapter 5

Chapter 5 

Independent 

When I decided to leave that place I know I am free but I think I am wrong because they are not the only person who cause me pain because my mom also but I still choose to come with her. Pinili kong sumama because that is the only option I have para makaalis sa lugar na yun. 

I didn't lie ng sabihin ko yun lahat kay Mommy because that is the truth anyway and I don't want to lie. 

"You are already enrolled you only have three years in high school." Mommy said while we are eating and I just not my head. 

It's been weeks simula ng nandito ako and Mommy is busy fixing everything that I need at ako naman madalas lang na nandito sa apartment watching fashion show and reading a woman magazines that she bought for me. 

"Do you want to go somewhere? It's fun to explore New York. And I actually bought a ticket for you to one fashion show." she said and that make me look at her. 

"Really?" I ask her at tumango naman siya. 

"You told me you want to be a model kaya naisip ko baka gusto mong makanood nun because it's your dream anyway." she said and I can't help but to smile about that thought. 

Simula ng makita ko yung sarili ko na nangangarap maging model I just watch some blogs about it and also some vlogs of the models while doing their work and this will be the first time I will be able to watch a fashion show na hindi ko lang napapanood sa screen o hindi ko lang nabababsa yung mga nangyayari. 

Watching some of the vlogs of fashion models make me so happy and a part of me wanted to experience what is happening to them. I also want to be busy because I am enjoying not because I am pressuring myself. 

I want to live that life that they have not to the point na ka-iingitan ko sila because I know with my hard work and passion I will also be like them. Hindi ko kailangang mainggit basta't alam ko magagawa ko din ang mga ginagawa nila. 

I don't have time on envying people because of the life they had because soon enough I will also have my own. 

"I support you... To everything Chantal. If you want to leave and be independent I will support you but please spent time with me." she said and that makes me stop. 

She knew my plans and what I want to do at yun lang naman ang hiniling niya ipagkakait ko pa ba sa kanya yun. I am not that bad daughter para hindi ibigay sa kanya yun dahil kahit may galit man ako sa kanya she is still my mother and I am her daughter. 

The fashion will happen the next few days that is why I can't wait anymore at sa mga nakalipas na araw din Mom is touring me around New York para daw maging pamilyar na ako sa place and she also bought me a lot of things na tinatanggap ko din naman. 

She is letting me choose what I want at mukhang alam niya na din naman ang gusto ko kaya madalas mga damit at sapatos ang binibili namin and she also bought me a lot of magazines dahil gusto ko daw nagbabasa nun. 

"Did you enjoy?" she asked nang makalabas kami ng venue ng fashion show at tumango naman ako sa kanya. 

We are about to go home ng biglang may tumawag kay Mommy about her work and it sounds urgent that is why I told her to go matapos akong ihatid sa apartment. Simula ng makarating kami dito talagang sa'kin niya binibigay yung focus niya at madalas ko nga lang siya makitang magtrabaho at sinabi niya naman nag-apply siya ng leave but it's been a week and she is a manager kaya alam kong kailangan siya. 

Mom drop me off and she told me to call her if something happen and I just nod pero ang totoo magiikot-ikot ako around the area dala yung phone at wallet ko na may lamang kaunting pera at card na binigay ni Mommy sa'kin and also the address of the apartment para kung sakali man na mawala ako alam ko kung paano magtatanong dahil alam ko ang address.