Chapter 27

Chapter 27 

Healing  

When we enter my mom welcome us and I kiss her cheeks and his expression is unreadable mostly if I saw her looking at Michael. Mabilis ko ng kinuha yung mga dala ni Michael bukod sa para kay Mommy. 

"Good evening po." Michael said and I saw shock written in my mom's face pero nawala din naman yun agad. 

"Seat down, we should talk first before eating." Mommy said kaya naupo naman kami ni Michael and I can see how nervous he is kaya tumingin ako kay Mommy to sign her to to scare him pero wala naman yung atensyon niya sa'kin. 

Michael handed the gift to my mom na tinanggap naman ni Mommy at nakita ko yung saya sa mata niya when she saw what is inside kaya napangiti na lang ako. She is trying to look intimidating and I don't know why. 

"How long do you know my daughter?" 

"Long enough to fall for her, Ma'am." I thought it will take too long for him to answer but he answer right away well what do I expect he is Michael.

"I see, what do you do for living? Well technically I don't need to know this because even without a wealthy man my daughter can live by herself that's how independent she is but I just want to know." Mommy said and I was about to stop her pero hindi ko na din magawa dahil para na lang naman akong hangin sa kanilang dalawa ni Michael dahil sila lang talaga ang nag-uusap. 

"I know that so well, Chantal is the kind of woman who don't need anyone to do something for her. I am actually a chemical engineer and recently I got appointed as the new CEO of Queens Manufacturing." he said and when I look at my mom nakita ko yung gulat sa mga mata niya dahil sa sinabi ng lalaking nasa tabi ko. 

"Queens Manufacturing? You are that young man who got appointed as the CEO of that company?" Mom asked and Michael nod. 

"Well, I guess I am." he said and smile to my mom. 

"I will not promise anything to you, Ma'am but I want you to know that I am serious and not playing with your daughter. Yes, I have girlfriends before but it's not that serious because this time I am serious and I won't hurt her. Sa kanya ko lang po naramdaman 'tong ganitong pakiramdam I promise you to take care of your daughter until I can. Hindi ko siya pipigilan sa mga bagay na gusto niyang gawin o sa kahit anong gagawin niya I will be her support." I can't help but to smile on what he said and when I look at Mommy unti-unti na ding lumabas yung ngiti niya. 

"My daughter is not wrong choosing you to court her. And I actually want to thank you." Nagtaka naman ako sa sinabi na yun ni Mommy.

"Can I ask why?" Michael ask. 

"Because you make her stay here for so long. That daughter of mine always choose her work over me but now that you are here she is gonna stay for a month and I thank you for that but sorry because I might take away some of your time to date because I also want to date my daughter." Mommy said at natawa naman si Michael doon while I just frown because of what my mom said at nakita naman yun ni Michael and there is a mocking smile on his lips kaya inirapan ko na lang siya and that make them both laugh. 

Iniwan ko na lang silang dalawa doon dahil mukhang gusto pang kilalanin ni mommy si Michael kaya nagpunta na lang akong kitchen to prepare the food that Mommy made and when I am done palabas pa lang ako ng kitchen napatigil na agad ako dahil sa pinag-uusapan nila. 

"Since she is a child Chantal never feel loved because me on the other side are busy working she is always alone and when I sent her to her Dad paghihirap din ang dinanas niya that is why one of my wish is for her to find a man that can make her feel she is worth it I don't want her to think that she is alone and looking at you now Michael, I think you are that man." I can't help but to tear up because of what my mom said.