Chapter 13

Chapter 13 

Friends 

I believe to unexpected friendship but I didn't know that if that happens to you it will be hard like this. I am the kind of person na sobrang ang bilis na maattach sa isang taong walang ibang ginawa kung hindi ang maging mabait sa'kin. 

That is what he is making me feel. For the short period of time sa maikling panahon na nakasama ko siya I become attach to him na hindi ko alam kung tama ba dahil ang usapan lang naman ay babawi siya sa'kin para na din sa ikatatahimik niya and I just also want to say thank you to him because for me he is one of the reason of my success. 

"I can see how much you love what you are doing Chandria, keep on doing that, I am your supporter." he said and gave me a warm smile before handing me a drink. Hindi ko agad kinuha yun and I just stare at him. 

Should I be thankful that I got to know a man like him kahit sa maikling panahon lang? Am I making the right decision losing him to protect him and my career. 

"Are you really like this, Michael? Why are you good at understanding every situation?" I ask him and he laugh and put down the drink at mabilis na humarap sa'kin and he look at me in the eye with the smile on his lips at pati mata niya nakangiti sa'kin ngayon. 

"Because I grew up always understanding. My mom raise me like that, she want me to always analyze every situation and understand it dahil hindi lahat ng tao at bagay para-pareho dahil lahat may pagkakaiba." I can help but to be amaze on how his mom raise him and I can also see on him he grew up in a nice way kaya siguro ganun na lang siya kalungkot when he lost his mom and also the time we met. He lose one of his strength. 

"Anong pagkakaiba?" I ask. 

"Like for example not all thinks are similar dahil kahit anong mangyari may pagkakaiba pa din ang mga yan by the way they are made and such at ganun din sa tao. People are all different that is why we need to always understand every situation before doing an action or saying anything... And I'm use on understanding, Chantal. Since I was a kid ginagawa ko na yun." He said na parang may double meaning ang huling sinabi niya. 

"She must be proud at you now, Michael. You grew up fine and nice." I said and smile at him kaya napangiti naman lalo siya sa sinabi ko. 

"I can see through you Chantal kung paano ka naghirap maabot lang lahat ng meron ka ngayon and I don't want to be the one of the reason why people can say something about you." he said and gave me a smile but this time it's totally different. 

By the way he smile at me I can see pain and longing on that smile like may naalala siya sa mga salitang binitawan niya sa'kin. Like he is used on avoiding the eyes of the people and already used on removing himself to people like me. To a person who is know by many. 

"Tell me Michael, why are you so used to this? I mean to this kind of situation. Yung ilalayo mo ang sarili mo para sa kapakanan ng isa." I said and I saw how he froze because of what I said at doon pa lang alam ko na agad. There is something. 

"My dad is just like you but in different situation of course." he said and I stop myself to ask further dahil mukhang hanggang doon lang talaga yung kaya niyang sabihin sa'kin. 

I want to know him more but I am scared na baka pag mas kinilala ko pa siya mas maging mahirap na sa'kin ang pakawalan siya bilang isang kaibigan na baka pag mas makilala ko pa siya mas gustuhin ko pa na magtagal siya sa tabi ko. I don't want that to happen at alam kong hindi niya din gugustuhin yun because while looking at him seryoso talaga siya sa naging desisyon naming dalawa. 

After this, after spending time together we were be a part and continue on our lives away from each other. 

"I can cancel my schedule tomorrow. Is it okay to you to spent the whole day with me tomorrow?" I will meet Irene tomorrow pero pwede ko namang sabihin sa kanya na sa susunod na araw na lang dahil panigurado na pagod yun sa flight niya and she needs rest.