Chapter 23

Zayn was awakened by the sound of his phone beside his pillow

Zayn was awakened by the sound of his phone beside his pillow. Harry is still resting in his arms and still sleeping. He slowly pulled the sheets and covered his body before he slowly stood up. He grabbed his clothes on the floor before answering the call and went out of the room. It was Mike.

He went to the terrace and grab his cigarettes. He answer the call and chuckle when he heard Mike's angry voice in the other line.

"Chill mate, W'zup?" He asked as he took a puff with his Marlboro.

"I've been calling you for 5 hours!" He sighed. "Anyway, everything is already set up for your flight tomorrow. You will be leaving in the afternoon. I can't go with you but the staff and Clifford will be there."

He groaned, he totally forgot about it. This is about his new release album and his movie that is about to be released next month. It will be a very busy schedule for him and he will be away for a week. To be honest, he is very excited to meet his fans again across Europe and Asia. But the situation is now changing. He doesn't want to be away anymore.

He let go a deep sigh. "Fine.."

"What's with that? You plan this, remember?"

"Yeah, yeah I know, didn't say anythin' mate." He took the last puff with his smoke before he crushed it in his bare hands. It's not Mike's fault, but he can't help but be annoyed. He promptly ended the call before he could say something else to him.

He went back into the room to check Harry. When he found out he was still asleep, he proceeded to the kitchen to check the food he ordered this morning. Obviously, it's already stone cold when the guards delivered the food inside the house. It's already past 1 pm.

He put the food in the microwave in the hope to save it. While waiting, he spend the time answering some text message's that he missed last night.

But he paused when he saw Harry walking down the stairs. Looking freshly showered. His hair is still a bit wet. A slight smirk forms on his lips when he notices a bit of awkwardness in his steps.

"The food is cold but If you.." He stopped and his grin slowly faded when he saw him shed tears and tried to hide it by turning around and pretending to get something from the fridge. He heard him sniff.

"That's okay, I'll just cook something.." He said in his quivering voice.

He heard him sniff again and secretly wipe the tears at the corner of his eyes. He knew exactly the reason for his tears. He doesn't have any plan to hide it away from him in the first place. But for some reason, it's becoming hard to start a conversation when he's already like this.

But he needs to tell him, at least he can give him that credit for taking advantage of him.

"Harry I--"

"Do you have any request for your meal?"

"No. Listen, I have to tell--"

"Good. I'll just cook you a simple dish. How about spaghetti with meatballs and smashed potatoes?"