Chapter 35

That night Zayn was driving his car going back to his place past 4 am

That night Zayn was driving his car going back to his place past 4 am. Tears dripping down his cheeks and holding the wheels like he can gain a straight from it. His throats were clogged with tears and felt the pain in his chest like nobody. He never felt such pain. He parked at the empty parking lot of one of the abandoned gas stations. He slams the door and lets his feet drag him where he wants to go. He let his emotion go and cry his heart out. In his entire life, he never cried as hard as this. He did his best to get him back and he never thought he could love someone this deep. He may be a problem with others, hard-headed with an unexplainable temper, but he is a person who never quite. That's the reason why he got his fame and become famous. God, knows he doesn't want to give up on him. But he loves him so much that he is willing to let him go and set him free. He brushes his palm in his face and wipes his tears before going back to his car.

Mike is also driving going to his place. Calling him and sending him an email is no longer useful. Since Harry left him, Zayn is been very hard to approach and has no longer been cooperating with the events. Not to mention, no longer answering calls, he has been ignoring everything. 3 days ago he visited him and was shocked to see the horrible state of Zayn and his mansion. He immediately called an online cleaning service that same day and try to convince him to talk to Harry again.

"Is he here?" He asked one of the guards after he parked his car.

"Yes Sir. And I think he's drunk again.."

He sighed and entered the house. He saw him on the rooftop with 5 empty bottles of bourbon.

He can't imagine that this day will come that he will see him looking like this. A person who got everything, fame, and money now is crying his heart out. Begging for forgiveness for the person he loved. A person who got a high pride and ego that no one wants to question is now sitting on the cold pavement looking like he got nothing left in him. For being his assistant for many years this is the first time he saw him cry. The status suddenly vanishes and becomes a man who's badly broken. He can't help but feel sorry.

He paused and wondered if it's appropriate to ask when it's already obvious that it didn't go well.

"Did you talk to him?"

It took him a minute to respond. "Yeah, I did what you told me. But it seems like he doesn't want me anymore.." He gave him a weak smile. Still got a slight of his ego in him and doesn't want to show how badly dispirited he is.

He sat beside him on the cold floor and took the glass in his hand and drank it. "Let's have a man-to-man talk shall we?" He gave him a solid slap on his shoulder. "Let's set aside our work, so did you see him? How is he?"

Zayn slightly chuckled. "Beautiful as always. Nothin change.. Always got that amazing green eyes, pretty curly hair, and seductive smile."

"Dude, you really hit straight from the heart.." Mike laughed. "Up until now, I still can't believe you are capable of loving someone. As I recall you've always rejected women ever since I first saw you. I didn't even see you dating someone seriously."

"Yeah, but now I know how it feels to be rejected. And that makes me think of the cruel things I've done to those women."

"But why did you do it? You hurt his friend, Z. And you almost put his best friend paralyzed. Also, Louis, he's your cousin. If your friend can understand your personality, will, Harry doesn't. He's not the same as your gold-diggers-wannabe pals who doesn't care, except if they can still suck something in your pocket. He's different from your circle of friends. You should know that."

"Shit don't know.. I was so angry and frustrated that other than me, some guy is touching him so easily. I just blocked out Mike. My emotion went to the top. Fuck-- I shouldn't done it.. I'm so stupid.. I know I shouldn't done it.. I'm so fucked up.." He brushed his hand in his face and throw the bottle in the wall.

Mike just stared at him while the glass shattered everywhere. "Past is past, you've learned your lesson. And you've done your part to save your marriage. You did everything you could. And the best thing you have to do is to move on. I know it will be difficult but this is the only way that can save you."

"Tell me how to move on, Mike?" He turns his head towards him and stared at him with pain in his eyes. "Tell me how to fuckin move on, cuz I desperately want to forget him."

"I'll give you a vacation. You can go wherever you want. You can stay how long you want to stay. Just tell me when and I'll arrange that for you."

It's the third time that he drops the spatula while cooking for dinner

It's the third time that he drops the spatula while cooking for dinner. He's having a hard time breathing since he's been going back a couple of times in the sink vomiting and now he's exhausted. It feels like it's been draining his strength. He can't even focus on what he's doing.

"Hazz that's enough let me finish that and take a rest."

He let Louis grab the spatula while he guide him in the living area. Louis is no longer using the wheelchair and can slowly walk on his own.

"I've noticed you've been like this for this past weeks now. Let me call my doctor so they can examine you."

Harry nodded and slowly close his eyes. He's too tired to speak. He's been planning to go to the hospital but he's been so stressed lately. Ever since that day, Zayn went to his place in the middle of the night. He's been restless. The annulment papers are still in his place, unattached. That was 3 weeks ago.

And just what he told him, Zayn never disturbed him again. And that bothers him a lot. He keeps on telling himself, that this is what he wants, to get him out of his life. But the notion is repulsing and painful. And he hates to admit if he can even go through with it.

"Harry the doctor is here."

He slowly stood up and sat on the couch.

Louis sits next to him while holding his hand. He felt a bit awkward when the doctor look at them like they are a couple. He knew Louis has a feeling in him, he's not that slow not to read all the signs. The only problem is, he is too scared to take it seriously, so he's trying to ignore it.

After 30 minutes, the doctor stood up and smile at them. Then suddenly, he shakes Louis's hand.

"Congratulations, he is pregnant."