happiness

Nate Maloley
"Babe,"I whined.
She didn't wake.
"Babe!"
"What?"she groaned.
"My doctors appointment."
"And?"
"I thought you were going."
She got out of bed lazily and got dressed. I was already dressed and sitting on the bed. Today I get to get my cast taken off and I couldn't wait.
"Let's go,"she rushed.
"Jeez, no need to rush. I'm coming,"I laughed.
She rolled her eyes at me playfully. I climbed into the drivers seat of the car.
"You sure babe?" Claire asked, climbing into the passenger seat.
"Yeah, I'm fine."
She nodded her and grabbed the aux cord. She flipped through her songs until she found some upbeat pop song.
"Really babe?" I chuckled.
"Uh yeah," she said, in a 'duh' tone.
I laughed again. She is such an idiot sometimes.
When we got to the doctors office he took off my cast and told me to be careful while playing basketball.
Claire was rambling on about something as we walked back to the car it  really didn't matter, but it was making her happy to talk about it. I smiled in content and grabbed her hand. She continued to talk, but I didn't listen. I just stared at her face full of happiness. We reached the car and she didn't seem as happy as she was before.
"What's wrong?" I asked, while starting the car.
"Nothing; I was just thinking."
"About?"
"Nothing in particular,"she whispered.
I nodded my head, but I didn't believe her. I knew she was lying. Her mood changed drastically and I know she isn't on her period or anything. I looked at her out of the corner of my I and she was staring out the window.
"Babe?" I said.
"Yeah?"
"I want to take you out tonight."
"Where?"she asked , her mood changing.
"That new restaurant that you've been talking about."
"Really?!"
"Yeah."
"But we can't. You need reservations," she said, slightly bummed.
"I already have them."
I was prepared to take her out before I injured myself. It was going to be a surprise, but stuff happens. I had to do a lot to be able to keep the reservation and push it back to a different date. Now would be the perfect time to go.
"Your the literal best,"she smiled.
That smile on that face is what I live for. I would do anything and everything to see that smile every day. If only I could keep her smiling forever or just bottle her happiness up. It's the greatest thing in the world.