time

It's been almost a month since all the drama happened and Nate and I are still on our break. He said he needed time and I'm giving him time, but I miss him extremely. We've spoken like three times and it was about Bruno. I swear we are acting like a divorced couple with shared custody of a kid, except we're just a couple taking a break and sharing a husky.
I was beginning to wonder if Nate and I would ever get back to us. He said we would, but I was beginning to worry.
My phone began ringing on the kitchen table.
"Hello, "I said not bothering to check caller ID.
"Claire, we should do something today."
Nate.
"Yeah, what did you have in mind? "
I mentally screamed of joy.
"How about the mall? You still owe me, "he chuckled.
Hell yeah. All day at the mall with Nate, why would I deny?
"Yeah, that's cool,"I said nonchalantly. "When will you be over? "
"So I have to drive?"
"Oh, I just thought you were because you usually drive, "I stuttered a little.
"I'm messing with you. I'll be over in 10."
"Okay."
"Bye Claire. "
"Bye Nate. Love you. "
I covered my mouth we haven't said I love you to each other since the last fight. It was a natural instinct that made me say it.
"Love you too."
The shock and worry turned into happiness and hope and the smile on my face couldn't possibly get any bigger.
I stood there like an idiot before I realized that I would have to be ready in 20 minutes and that was not how it worked for me. I knew I had to put thought into my outfit, but not too much because Nate would noticed.
I was going to have to do some quick thinking and be ready for the day. Time was with me and against me at this moment.