Chapter 15 - Back Into the Fog

Warning: Mentions/implied child abuse! (Not in this chapter, though. :P)

~ Amina Gila

Aniya Skywalker

We haven't even reached the door when it slams shut in front of us. Just what I was afraid of. Grievous has cameras everywhere inside, and he's not about to let us out. We're locked inside now. "Alright, any further planning we're doing through the Force," I decide grumpily. Too bad Anakin wasn't here. We always plan strategies telepathically. This is a simple way out. Just cut open the door, but first, I'm making sure the fighters take off. We need some way off the planet.

"It looks like we're going to have to fight after all," Qui-Gon states grimly.

"Get out of there now!" I call to Arthree. A confirming beep comes over the comm. Good. At least we have a way out, then.

"You've run out of time," Grievous' voice growls over a speaker system.

"I see you still overestimate your own abilities, General," I retort, eyes narrowing, "If you're really such a wonderful fighter and planner, why not come out and show us some of that Separatist hospitality? We could all do with some in this dungeon-like place."

Qui-Gon releases a sigh of fond exasperation, and Alema snorts.

"Patience," Grievous replies, but a tinge of underlying anger is evident in his tone, "In the meantime, please experience all my home has to offer. It has been prepared for uninvited guests like you."

"It's our pleasure –" I begin, only to be cut off as the floor suddenly starts rapidly dropping. Luckily, thanks to my super-fast Jedi reflexes, I manage to leap back to safe ground before it gets too far, as do Qui-Gon and Alema. I whirl around to help the clones on pure instinct, diving forwards to grab Appo's arm. The floor beneath us starts dropping downwards at a far too rapid speed, and I'm jerked over the edge in a desperate attempt to hold on to Appo. I grab the edge of the floor with my other hand. The floor drops all the way down into a pit. I don't even what to know what's down there. Anger burns through me as the screams of the clones – my men – echo in my ears.

Qui-Gon runs forwards, grabbing my wrist and pulling me back over the edge while Alema hovers behind, eyes wide with panic. I swing myself over the edge, pulling Appo up with me. I collapse onto the floor, panting. "That was the move of a true coward, king clanker," I snarl, throwing my hair out of my face and climbing to my feet. The other three slowly rise as well.

"We know you're watching, thanks for the reminder," Alema adds. I can see the rage I feel written all over her face, and I expect it's evident on mine as well. "We saw the lower levels of your home. No one's impressed."

"Good, Jedi, good," Grievous cackles like the madman he truly is, and I find myself wondering if he's gotten his legs replaced yet or if he's still running around on his hands. Preferably the latter. It's easier to fight against. "You will provide some sport for me yet. Gore, time to entertain our guests."

Gore? What kind of name is that? Yes, from the way he's talking, that thing – whatever it is – clearly has a similar mindset to him. It's probably an animal. Like a human-eating pet. Yeah, that sounds like the type of thing the crazy cyborg would love to live with. Nothing we can't handle, though. My eyes land on the camera he's been watching us with the entire time. Enough nonsense. Igniting my lightsaber, I slash it through the thing.

A furious roar of an animal reaches my ears, making me shutter. I think I was right. "Stand firm. There might be worse things here than Grievous," Qui-Gon warns as the four of us stand in a back-to-back position, weapons readied. One of the doors suddenly slides, open, revealing a huge monster-like animal. Alema releases a horrified gasp, edging closer to me.