CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

THE AIR OF THE HOLLINGSWORTH estate is one of quiet luxury and old money. Los Angeles's wealthiest are present for the annual charity auction. Walter suspects that most of them are there more for public relations than the goodness of their hearts. These are people who want the world to know what good deeds they do.

Aurora walks around the living room, looking for her friends. Upon locating them, she snags a flute of champagne off of a tray being carried by a waiter. She's halfway there when she unwillingly gets pulled into a conversation with the wife of one of Charles's business associates. To be polite, she indulges the woman but it's clear in the way she stands that she'd rather be anywhere else right now.

The conversation takes a turn when the woman tells her that her eldest son needs a girlfriend and that Aurora would be perfect for him. How awkward. The heiress furrows her eyebrow and slightly backs away. "I'm sure your son is a great guy, but I already have a boyfriend. His name is Justin."  The and he needs to get me away from you that she wants to add to that goes unsaid.

"The two of you won't be together long. Once you get a look at my darling son, that boyfriend of yours won't stand a chance." The woman, whose name Aurora still hasn't bothered to learn, chuckles at her own words.

Justin, who has been watching this, decides that it's time to hightail it the hell over there and save his girl. He places the empty champagne glass on a tray and takes long strides towards her. Her grey eyes shine with glittering happiness at the sight of him.

She takes his outstretched hand, giggling as he spins her around, and leans down to gently pull her into a chaste yet sweet kiss. "Hi, honey."

"Hi, pretty dove." Completely captivated by her, he wraps his arms around her waist and buries his face in her neck, making her giggle. "I know that I've told you this several times tonight but you are so stunning."

The woman lets out a loud scoff and goes to speak but Aurora pulls Justin away before that can happen. Once on the other side of the living room, she pulls him down into a real kiss this time, the other being for show. "Thank you for saving me, bubby."

He nods and nuzzles her cheek. "Of course. I could tell you looked uncomfortable with her. Who was that? More importantly, what was that all about?"

"That was," She shakes her head, chuckling dryly at what just occurred, "the wife of one of my father's associates trying to set me up with her oldest son. Apparently, he needs a girlfriend and according to her, I'd and I quote, 'be perfect for him.' That's not happening. I told her that I'm with you. She said that once I see her son, you won't stand a chance. First of all, is she serious? Who could be better than you?"

Nobody. I mean come the fuck on. Justin is the total package. He has the kind of face that'll stop you in your tracks whenever you see him.

"People can say whatever the hell they want about us. I'm not going anywhere. I don't want anyone else but you, pretty dove. And hell, we're already promised to each other. No one, not that woman and for damn sure not your grandfather, can keep us apart."

At the mention of her grandfather, Aurora lets out a loud sigh. He called earlier, letting everyone know that he and her grandmother are coming tonight, the latter being the most sensible of the two. These are Charles's parents. Juliette's parents live in Paris, where they moved after she and Charles got married.

"He better not try anything. I'm not in the mood for his bullshit."

More people walk in, a few of them being Danielle, who's wearing a cream MONIQUE LHUILLIER embroidered mesh fit and flare midi dress and a pair of nude CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN hot jeonbi lace pumps holding to Christian's arm. The man is wearing a black VERSACE slim-fit suit and some ALEXANDER MCQUEEN flame suede chelsea boots. A couple more enter in, two of them being Eric in a black single-breasted two-piece CORNELIANI suit and Regina in a sequined navy blue halter SHOSHANNA dress.