CHAPTER FORTY- SIX

GOLDEN LIGHT DRIBBLES OVER THE city of Los Angeles like syrup on oatmeal. The leaves shimmer like a mirror flecked mosaic and the morning dew sparkles on the bejeweled cobwebs and grass. In the square of marble rock, the shower water runs free and easy. Aurora wishes she could stay there all day in its cocoon, but alas the day awaits.

Afterwards...

Staring at her reflection in the long, white-framed, three-way mirror for a long moment, the
stone grey eyed, midnight haired girl leans against her white, glass desk with matching freshly-lacquered drawers and tilts her head, fully inspecting her reflection. Frowning for a bit, she moves her delicate manicured fingers to the floral silk knotted GUCCI headband that rests on the top of her head as she adjusts the headpiece so that it sits evenly on her long, silky midnight curls.

She feels immensely grateful that Phillip was able to make a house call this morning. Shortly after she had gotten her hair done, she'd emptied just a few of the contents of her massive two-story circular walk-in closet, flinging random articles of clothing all about her room.

After changing outfits for the umpteenth time, she finally settles on a black SAINT LAURENT lavallière-neck shirt in silk muslin and her freshly steamed high waisted grey pleated skirt. Her feet are adorned with black LOUBOUTIN thigh-high boots. On her earlobes are sterling silver TIFFANY diamonds hoop earrings. She straightens the signature A pendant she's wearing around her slender neck.

Knowing that her ensemble is classic and elegant, this stunner goes for a more natural makeup look. With a deft hand, she applies a touch of MAC clear lip gloss on her lips, light black waterproof eyeliner across her lids, mascara to her long lashes, and a stroke of NARS Laguna bronzing powder blush for a soft bronzed glow across her honey toned skin.

Content with her flawless reflection, she turns away from the mirror and grabs her signature perfume bottle from her vanity table. Spritzing herself with YSL mon paris perfume, she places the bottle on her vanity and pushes her white velvet stool underneath the table.

After putting her newly purchased TOM FORD glasses on her face, the beauty picks up her black LOUBOUTIN tote along with her white iPhone 14 Pro Max and walks out of her bedroom, (okay, after she restored her closet to its original clean condition) strutting down the hallway to Odette's remodeled room.

Before she can raise her hand to knock on the door, it flies open. Odette gets ready to yell but when she notices who it is, doesn't. "Oh my god. I'm sorry, big sister. I thought it was Arielle. The bitch has been calling me nonstop ever since I ended our so-called friendship." She pulls the elder into a dramatic hug. "I think she's up to something. "

Here's the thing about Arielle Crawford. Over the summer, every student in the freshman class was sent a link to an extremely scandalous striptease video of a female in the nude dancing provocatively to dance for you by BEYONCE. The girl in the video happens to be, oop you guessed it, Arielle. That shit was posted on the sophomore blog and ended up going viral. Long story short, this 15-year-old is well-known for a plethora of wrong reasons.  She's wild, easy-minded, and an extremely hard partier (hosting or just attending- that doesn't matter, she'll be there). Moreover, she's known for her immensely ignorant views on homosexuality.

Let's move on before I break my phone.

Before Aurora can respond to the younger's rant, the angelic spirit that is Juliette knocks on the door and peeks her head in. The daughters beam brightly and nearly knock the elder woman down trying to hug her at the same time. She chuckles happily as she returns the embraces that she's received from her girls. "Good morning my honeybears!" The always so elegant woman looks so regal in a color-block (cream at the top and blue on the bottom with a red trim on the collar), very light makeup because let's be honest here, Jules does not need any. She is flawless without it. She tops the ensemble with a pair of satin ivory GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI pumps.