CHAPTER TWENTY

AURORA ROLLS HER EYES AT THE IRRELEVANT MESSAGE on her phone and deposits the device into the pocket of her blazer as she walks down the hallway towards the entrance. Kingsley walks out of the office, phone up to his ear and Avalon comes up next to him, wondering what the hell is happening.

"Okay. Yes dad, I understand. No, I'm not going to ruin your business dinner tonight. How do I know? I'm going out with my friends. Yes again. I miss my friends and I always want to hang out with them. They are my go-to people when I need to get away from yours and mom's debauchery." Kingsley rolls his eyes again. "Okay. Gotta go. Bye. That man is a delight."

Before anyone can even speak again, Brandon walks up, cackling loudly.

Justin stares at him in complete bewilderment.

"Bro, Davidson needs to just stop trying to get me in trouble. It always fails. I just got myself out of two long yet fucking pointless hours of detention. I brought up her little affair with Fountaine. Her face took me out. It was red as hell."

FLASHBACK

Brandon leans back in his seat, a smirk on his face. He kicks his feet onto the desk in front of him and folds his hands behind his head. "So, Miss Davidson, how long am I stuck here?"

"Mr. Carrington, this is detention, not social hour. No talking!"

"I can talk whenever the fuck I want to," Brandon says, raising his eyebrows.

"You get to serve another hour of attention for your language, mister," Miss Davidson says.

Brandon rolls his eyes; obviously, Miss Davidson isn't aware of the dirt he has on her. He waits a couple of minutes before speaking again.

"Hey, Miss Davidson, I've heard some interesting information about you, from my fellow friend. Kingsley Hawthorne, ever heard of him? I'm sure you have."

Brandon takes pleasure in seeing the woman's face redden. "Yes, he's one of my students. What did he tell you?"

"Don't be such a dumbass," Brandon snarls, wiping the neutral look off his face. "I know you and Headmaster Fountaine are fucking on and off school campus, it's not that hard to figure out. Granted, no one else in school has figured out except for, well, Avalon Harrison, Autumn Weatherly, and Adrianna Westwood, and I'm sure they're just dying to spread this information throughout the school. It wouldn't take long before the school board hears about it, and once they hear about it...they might have some complaints." Brandon folds his arms.

Miss Davidson clears her throat. "Brandon, what do I have to do to get you to keep quiet?"

"First, release me from detention. Second, you along with Fountaine nor any other teacher can punish me, Aurora, Justin, Mario, Autumn, Adrianna, Kingsley, or Avalon anymore. Or I tell my parents to stop their donations to this school." Brandon stands up, adjusting his blazer. "Are we in agreement?"

The woman nods. "Yes. You are free to go."

Brandon saunters out of the room, his cockiness levels rising majorly. That's how you get yourself out of detention.

END OF FLASHBACK

"You are the master of cockiness. I'll give you that. What time is it? I want this damn day to be over. Alyssa keeps coming up to me to ask if we're still attending her party. Any more of the bullshit and I'll kick her ass." Aurora says, speaking up for the first time since the Empire made their entrance on campus.

Justin looks at his phone (he's wearing a watch but chooses not to look at it) and hugs her from behind. "It's 2:55. 5 more minutes and this shit day is over. I'm ready to go. After having Jordan Forrester ambush me after lunch, asking me about how he can get Alyssa back, I'm ready to leave."

This time Avalon is the one to roll her eyes. In terms of couples at LA Prep- senior couples to be exact, she knew that those two wouldn't last long. He's a basketball player. He has girls chasing after him every damn day. Let's not forget about his wandering eye. Hell, he's slept with most of the girls in the senior class.

"If she ever does take him back, I will personally call her a dumb ass bitch to her fucking face," Adrianna says, pulling the keys to her car out of her grey PRADA matinee handbag. "Okay, I will see you all tonight. I need to drop Mr. Cocky right here off at his house and then go find a dress for tonight." She bids them goodbye and takes hold of Brandon's forearm, pulling him to the car.

Autumn turns to Mario and proceeds to ask him if he can take her to Rodeo Drive. Apparently, she needs to buy a new pair of heels, even though she has a whole ass section in her big ass closet for her shoes.

"Of course. I'll take you anywhere you need." Mario rests his forehead against hers. "Autumn, I've been conjuring up the courage to even ask you this- will you go out with me? Be mine. I've liked you, hell, for years."

Autumn, with that cute little grin on her face, nods and pulls his tall frame down so she can kiss him. "Yes. I would love to be yours."

"Attention world. Mario Ellis Wellington Jr is officially off the goddamn market. Every girl that flirted with me today and I turned them down- I'm sorry but it's not going to happen. Your boy has his dream girl. My giggly little playful princess. Come on. Let's go buy you some new shoes."

Everyone has dispersed at this point. Aurora is leaning on the Aston Martin with her hand in Justin's hair as said male buries his face in her neck and caresses her waist.

A LITTLE WHILE LATER

Justin walks into the Winchester Estate, where his mother is having lunch with a few members of her social club. Jesse is in the living room, looking over some paperwork. Why is he not doing this in his office? The heir doesn't know nor does he question it.

Instead, he announces his presence. "Mom, dad. I'm home." Right then and there, he can hear Jesse stand up from the velvet cream sofa and Fallon excuse herself from the table.

"Hi, honey! How was school?" She asks as she enters the foyer to come and hug him. Seeing as he's 6'3, he has to tower over her.

Justin smiles and kisses her cheek. He may be spoiled but he respects the fuck out of his parents. "School was... okay. Nothing to ride home about."

"Nothing interesting?"

Justin shakes his head. He's not lying at all. Aside from the usual bullshit, nothing significant went on. "Truth be told, I was waiting for the school day to be over. I'm more excited for tonight."

Jesse raises his eyebrow knowing that he's going out with Aurora. "Date night with your future wife?"

"Date night? No. Our whole group is going. Is Aurora Michelle Hollingsworth my future wife? Yes. Indeed she is and I intend to marry and spoil the absolute hell out of her."

"As you absolutely should, son."