CHAPTER EIGHT

FAST FOWARD TO BRUNCH-

INSTEAD OF MINGLING WITH THE GUESTS, Kingsley is inside ordering a mimosa

INSTEAD OF MINGLING WITH THE GUESTS, Kingsley is inside ordering a mimosa. He's going to great lengths to not be anywhere near his parents until he absolutely has to. While waiting for his drink, He fixes the cuffs on his tailored grey GUCCI single-breasted suit. He ignored Aaron's dumbass statement about how men never fret over what to wear (because that's fucking lie. some men do) and carefully planned everything out, from the suit to the shoes which so happen to be the black GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI Angeles loafers with black glitter and silver studs to the watch: the code 11:59 AUDEMARS PIGUET watch. He looks damn good. From outside, he can seat his mother rambling about her ensemble to a few of the socialites.

She's wearing a gold DOLCE & GABBANA silk lamé bodycon dress with the gold GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI harmony sandal and has now started rambling about how's she's hosting the next social gathering. Kingsley knows that she's lying because the next social event hasn't been announced yet.

Aaron, donning a black GUCCI two-piece micro motif suit along with his GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI Angeles sparkle loafers, is standing near the stage with a glass of champagne in his hand, talking to a few of his associates about business and making plans to go to a basketball game.

"Kingsley!" The aforementioned male looks up at the loud call of his name and looks up to see both Brandon and Mario headed his way.

The bartender finally gives him his drink so he snatches it up and walks over to his two friends.

"Bro, why is she so damn loud?" Mario rubs his temples, a headache already forming. "We just walked in here and I already have half a mind to leave."

Without even having to ask, Kingsley already knows who he's talking about. Scarlett speaks in a loud manner in order to be the damn center of attention. Who's surprised at this point? No one, that's who.

Mario turns to Kingsley. "The last time I was in the same vicinity as your mother, that woman stared me the fuck down. Like I told Justin this morning, and like I'm telling the both of you right now, I'm not having that shit today. She scares the hell outta me."

A minute later- Regina, donning a black SAINT LAURENT beaded halter neck mini dress and a pair of black GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI susie slingback heels, walks in with Eric, who's clad in a black FENDI ff pattern suit with a pair of black GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI erik loafers. They go straight outside while Avalon who's wearing a black and white BALMAIN knitted geometric pattern dress with the GIUSEPPE ZANOTTI fleur heels, walks straight to the bar. She had to listen to Eric rant about incompetent employees and Regina telling him how he should just fire them.

Once she has a drink in her hand, she saunters over to her friends. Kingsley pulls her into a hug which she definitely needs.

"You look exhausted."