CHAPTER FORTY- THREE

WHILE THE KIDS ARE AT THE SCHOOL, Scarlett has taken it upon herself to call a meeting between herself and the mothers. They're supposed to be meeting up at OCEAN PRIME in Beverly Hills. She would be lying if she said she isn't nervous. She's scared out of her fucking mind right now. Her black and silver rhinestone embellished illusion bra HERVE LEGER mini dress seems to be getting tighter with every minute that goes by. Camille, Regina, and Natalia immediately said yes to the invitation while Juliette, Fallon, Andrea, and Danielle just told her that they would think about it- that means probably not. After that hideous scene between her and Aaron at the ball last night, it's transparent to anyone with a working brain that the latter four women do not want to be near her. She doesn't blame them, given the fact that she's incredibly self-entitled and condescending.

Her palms are sweaty and she's seconds away from pissing on herself. Two minutes later, Camille, clad in a navy blue flowy sleeve HALSTON boatneck shirt dress and a pair of navy blue suede LOUBOUTIN pumps and Natalia, who's donning a fuchsia VALENTINO dress, walk in. Without acknowledging the hostess, the duo rushes over to Scarlett and wraps the woman in a much-needed hug.

"Scarlett, oh my goodness, last night was just too much. Be honest, how are you feeling after all of that?" Truth be told, Natalia doesn't really care about how Scarlett feels. She's had a feeling that something shady was happening. At the time, she just couldn't put her finger on it but now, oh now, she's paying more attention what the hell happens around her. Starting by fishing for information. "Are you and Aaron getting a divorce?"

This question leads Scarlett to send her a death glare and Camille to look at her best friend with a raised eyebrow. That look means, 'bitch are you serious right now? why ask that?' Natalia ignores both of them in favor of getting her question answered.

"Do not look at me like that, Camille. You wanted to know too. If I recall correctly, and I know I do, you brought it up on the way in here." She stops talking upon noticing Regina entering the restaurant with a man that is NOT her husband, giggling like a lovesick puppy and shit. Uhhhh Miss Ma'am, what the hell are you doing?

Let me spill some tea for y'all real quick. The man that Regina is with right now is... wait for it... Easton Rutherford, her ACTUAL husband and Avalon's birth father. Yes, you have read that correctly. Eric and Regina are only married on paper. What the fuck happened? Well, their 'loving marriage' was arranged by their grandparents. They were bribed into this- only for the inheritance. Imagine what'll go down when Avalon finds out.

BITCHHHHHHHHHHHH

"More scandals? Goddamn it. Why am I always the last one to find out about something?"

This time Scarlett is the one to roll her eyes. "That might the dumbest thing to ever come out of your mouth, Natalia. In case you haven't noticed, all of us are just finding out about this at the same time. You are not the only one sitting at this table." Not Scarlett saying something that actually makes sense. Bitch, it's a damn miracle.

"Oh shut up. Both of you. We are not here to listen to the two of you bicker like children. Hell, no wonder our kids spend so much time trying to avoid being us. There's entirely too much drama within our circle." Camille, that may be true but you seem to be forgetting one little thing... the other mothers in this so-called 'circle' you speak of can't stand any of you.

The offspring get along better than the parents do. Are we truly surprised at this point? I think not.
Moving on from this shitshow of a lunch meeting...Oof.

───── ─────
THE HOLLINGSWORTH ESTATE
4:45 PM

JULIETTE LAYS IN BED, floating, between sleep and not sleep, feeling warm and heavy; but she senses the exact moment Charles arrives home from his meeting, not because the elder is loud, but because Jules always seems to know when her husband is near - probably because she's as smitten as they come and the estate seems pretty dull without Charles there.

Truth be told, the last thing Juliette should be doing right now is sleeping. It's barely after seven on a Monday , rush-hour traffic still audible through the dusk-filled windows, but it's been a long day for her so nap she is, despite the early hour and her ever-growing to-do list.

"Jules? Honey? I'm home!" Charles's deep husky voice echoes through the spacious hallway. The bedroom door creaks open and said man smiles at his wife's current position. "There you are." He climbs in the bed behind his love and kisses behind her ear.

Juliette giggles cutely and cranes her head backward to kiss her man. "Hi, my love." He giggles again when the elder tickles him. "Mercy! Mercy! Charles, no!" She slips out of the bed and runs out of the room, now laughing loudly.

She doesn't get very far because Charles catches her and crowds her up against the wall, nipping at her lips. She immediately opens her mouth, letting the elder's tongue explore her cavern.

When they pull away, Juliette's eyes crinkle with love, just like they did when they first met.

If you had to ask Charles what his wife is, he would not hesitate to say that Jules is home, in every sense of the four-letter word. She is the epitome of quiet nights, heated kisses, cute giggles, cold feet and warm blankets, stolen clothes, and earthy fumes exchanged between lips on the balcony. Juliette Hollingsworth is expensive champagne chutes and romantic walks on the beach at 3 a.m.; undecided tv shows, and a balance between pizza at ungodly hours and rich cuts of steak to taste for texture and satisfaction.

Charles pulls his honey towards the kitchen, where luckily, the food he had ordered is still warm. He heats it up again anyway. Juliette sits on the counter right next to the microwave. Mind you, she's wearing a grey oversized sweater and a pair of shorts -nothing underneath but we won't talk about that.

"How was your day, my love?" Charles asks, caressing Juliette's thighs as they both wait for the food to heat up.

Jules revels in the warmth of her man's hands before answering. "Your hands always feel so good on me. My day was long. Day of photoshoots and meetings with my team. I came home in serious need of a nap. I'm not trying to be shady but some of these new girls in the modeling world... just need to stay away from the runway." That's her way of saying that the girls can't walk or pose to save their lives. They have no type of training or experience.

Charles chuckles and takes the food out of the microwave, setting it on the island. Juliette climbs off the counter so she can thoroughly wash her hands. He picked up her favorite: seafood rice with a bottle of VEUVE CLICQUOT champagne.

"You're so good to me." She whispers curling up into his chest, kneading it like a cute little newborn kitten. Charles seems to melt at the mere sight of her, bending down to wrap his muscular arms around her waist in a tight hug. She smells like jasmine and cinnamon — he breathes it in, captivated by everything about it. "Just want to keep you forever."

He rests his forehead against hers and nuzzles her nose. "Darling, I am not going anywhere. It's you and me, always and forever."

Juliette taps her lips indicating that she wants a kiss. (she learned this from aurora, who does it all the time with justin) Smiling, Charles wastes no time giving her what she wants. Have I mentioned that he loves to spoil her and the girls?  I think so. Heads up, he's planning something special for her upcoming birthday. Stay tuned.