CHAPTER FORTY- FIVE

Credible sources say that DAISY MONTGOMERY, heiress to MONTGOMERY INDUSTRIES and celebrated socialite, was spotted at the Los Angeles country club getting cozy with boyfriend SEBASTIAN RUTHERFORD on the golf course. Photos below show Daisy cuddling, holding hands, and even sharing several kisses with the RUTHERFORD ENTERPRISES heir. We all know that these two are the ultimate power couple. what we really want to know is- when's the wedding?

Furthermore, will we see them at the launch of the velvet, the Montgomerys' newest membership-only resort in a yet-to-be-disclosed location? We'll give you the deets on this evolving story.

Daisy rolls her eyes at the article and exits the page, putting the phone down on the nightstand. These damn gossip blogs will not leave her and Sebastian alone. They had been on a brunch date yesterday when some dickhead with a big ass camera came up to them and wouldn't stop taking pictures. The flash was so fucking annoying that Sebastian nearly got up and clocked the fuck out of him.

He never got the chance to because the manager came out to run that asshole away. Speaking of Sebastian, he's calling her. Daisy grabs her phone from its spot on the wireless charging pad and is a tiny second away from answering when the man of the house, COOPER MONTGOMERY, makes his way inside his youngest's large and luxurious bedroom.

Daisy is actually surprised that he's home early for once. Normally, he's still at work by this time. There's a tiny little thought in the back of her mind that he's fucking his secretary- s- but we'll come back to that later.

"Daisy, your mother requests your presence at dinner tonight."

She doesn't bother hiding her eye roll this time. This woman wants to have family dinner tonight? 'oh really? She must be pregnant.' She snorts to herself and unlocks her phone to text her man, telling him that she'll facetime him after dinner because she doesn't plan on leaving her room once she gets back in there.

"Family dinner. What are you doing home so early?" she slips her phone into the pocket of her (Sebastian's) cream-colored SAINT LAURENT that she cutely stole from him. He's not getting it back, to be honest with you. "Did she storm into your office again and demand that you come home?"

"No, no she did not." Two seconds later, "Okay, fine, she did. Can you not be so damn perceptive all the time?"

She pats him on the shoulder as she exits her room. "Sorry, daddy. No can do. Being perceptive is very much in my nature." She giggles softly at the scowl on his face.

Being the youngest has its perks. She gets whatever she wants from Cooper and he never says no to her. Now, her mother on the other hand, tries to be the stern parent, but Daisy knows better. she can't be strict, she hasn't learned how. All this woman does is go max out her several credit cards, go to the spa, have lunch with her friends and then meet up with her personal trainer for a late night workout session (ain't no real workouts happening, they're fucking). There's no doubt in Daisy's mind that her mother is meeting up with him right after dinner ends and same goes for Cooper. He'll be meeting up with his secretary at a hotel or her apartment.

GRACE is dictating to the butler, HENRY, how the table should look when she spots all three of her daughters entering the dining room. "Ahh good, everyone is here. Daisy, sweetie, must you wear that sweater to dinner? You're a beautiful young lady, please act and dress as such."

Whenever Grace cynically insults her, Daisy completely checks out of the conversation. She finds no point in even saying anything. Not even when her sisters, ALEXANDRIA and EDEN, giggle at her misfortune. Grace stares at her, expecting a reaction, once again confused when she gets no response. Daisy doesn't respond because she knows that none of the bullshit the elder woman says is true.