CHAPTER SIXTY-THREE

THAT NIGHT, THE DINNER PARTY is in full swing. Odette's friends are having fun. Aurora and the Empire are enjoying themselves. It's just a good time for everyone. Christian has one more surprise for Odette. Not going to spoil what it is just yet. Everyone is getting ready to head out to the backyard for dinner and drinks when Reese's phone rings.

It's his mother. He hasn't spoken to her in two years. Reese, just like Jordan, trashed his family's business and lost his trust fund. He mainly trashed their business because they have homophobic values and Reese just isn't with that shit so yeah.

"Babe, are you okay? Who's calling you?"

Reese looks at Jordan with alarm written all over his face. "My mother. I'm scared to answer it."

Jordan grabs his waist and kisses his forehead. "Then don't. There's no law that says you have to answer her phone calls." He gently takes Reese's phone and turns it all the way off.

Reese smiles softly. "You're so good to me."

Celine runs towards her parents. "Daddy!"

Just so y'all know, Reese is Papa and Jordan is Daddy in this scenario. I don't want you all getting confused as to who's who.

Jordan squats down to her level. "Yes sweetie?"

"Are you and papa okay?"

"Yes babygirl. We're okay. Let's go eat." Jordan scoops her up and tickles her on their way out the door, making her giggle loudly and Reese grin widely.

Aurora smiles at the elder. "It's good to have you home, big brother."

The birthday girl agrees with her sister's sentiment, raising a glass of champagne up in the air.

Jordan easily raises his glass up in the air.

"To family!" Juliette gives the final toast.

They all clink their glasses together. "To family!"

After dinner (they were served filet mignon and lobster tail) they all do their own thing

After dinner (they were served filet mignon and lobster tail) they all do their own thing. Odette and Christian's friends having left. Chris decided to give his girlfriend her final present now. So he covers her eyes with his hands, gently leading her upstairs to her bedroom. He had gotten her parents permission to do this.

 He had gotten her parents permission to do this